What's new
Want To Buy

mathewbeall

Champion
Reaction score
I have a WMMT1/2 cabinet, but the WMMT3 card reader (that doesn't work with 1/2). I am looking for a card reader from 1/2 that hopefully works!

Thanks,

Matt

Thanks! I hadn't seen that... but I ended up doing a bit of a custom solution with the WMMT card emulator that @winteriscoming made, so in the long run - for the breakroom at work, its probably easier to do that, than mess with the mechanical card and such....

It would be fun though... :)

Matt

Well - i am going to be putting this at work in our breakroom (which my friend calls my man-cave now) - as I have 3 other games there... :)

So - call it 40 people who will play it.... how to make it "easy" for them to play it and use a "card"?

I took the piforceweb raspberry pi image and modified it so that it does the following:

o when it boots up it loads up a card (so that the self test passes) and then it removes the card (kills the python script).
o the web interface is JUST the card interface - and allows you to select an existing card or create a new one (unchanged)
o after selecting a card and playing the game the interface goes to a wait screen that shows what card is inserted, and also - the option to manually "eject" the card (which is just killing the python script).
o when the game is finished and you select "no" to continue, when the card emu python script detects a card eject, it delete the file that shows what card is current, and exits itself
o the website then just refreshes that main screen and when there is no name in the card file, it goes back to the initial screen to allow a card to be selected, or to create a new card.

I tried really hard to make it usable with non-techy people - we will see how successful I am after I get it installed there - I am just waiting for the monitor to come back from the shop.

Oh - and I have an old iphone that is there sitting on top of the coin mech that is plugged into and it's just always on that webpage, hooked up to the local wifi of the raspbi.

Matt

That sounds pretty cool! If you're willing to share either the SD card or publish necessary files/directions to github or wherever, that would be great. I may want to piggy back off of that for my solution. I haven't finalized anything on my end with regards to card emulator scripts in my cabs.

BTW: The MEGA JVS may be available soon and you could potentially be booting Craxy Taxi: High Roller and Outrun 2 in that cab with intuitively mapped controls to give people more options, if you wanted. I've also got a force feedback translator in the works that would allow OR2 to have working FFB on WMMT hardware.

Being able to use outrun2 in the same cab would be EPIC! For sure let me know... :) and I will look for info on the Mega JVS.

I for sure don't mind putting up the SD image, let me finalize it all in the next week or so and I will get it posted up on MegaNZ. I thought about forking off of piforcewebtools - but I don't really know how to do that, and since this is so specific to my special need I wasn't sure how much demand there would be.

I also have it (right now) not giving them the choice of what game to play - its hardcoded to WMMT, but that is easy to change with references and putting back in some of the checks.

Matt

Ok - here is a image file that I have modified from @chunksin PiforceWeb 1.2 fork of piforcetools. This is the one with a nice web interface and also had the card emulator already set up and good to go...

The modifications I made are all towards making it as easy as possible to run a WMMT1/2 cabinet with a dedicated tablet and make it really easy for people to use cards electronically. I tried to keep track of the files I changed and they are listed below.

Upon bootup the image is in "single" mode - so it loads up WMMT1 and also loads a temp card, so that the card reader boot test passes. After the boot test passes the card is "ejected".

After the game boots - connect to "naomi" as the SSID and "segarocks" as the password - then just go to any webpage (I use a.com). My version defaults to the cardemulator page (although the full menu is still available).

It's hardcoded just to show WMMT cards, and also allows you to create a new card (like the original PiforceWeb). Once you either load, or create a card, the screen will then show you what card is active, and starts polling to look for an eject. Once you finish your race and say "no" to continue, then within 10 seconds the screen will change after it detects the card is deleted and let's you select another.

Below is the mega link for the image - it's sized for an 8G card. Feel free to download and modify to your hearts content... :) no warranty is implied!

**NOTE** ensure your Chihiro is set to ip address of 10.0.0.1.

https://mega.nz/#!9mBWnASQ!Tpg6jmsKardjyiAkxkkhcuERunfzbhbOUSdEZDrEy0c

(changes to base image)

added /var/www/html/ejectcard.php
modified /var/www/html/cardemulator.php
modified /var/www/html/launchcard.php
added /var/www/html/PHPBackgroundProcesser.php
modified /sbin/piforce/check.py
Changed ip address of raspbi to 10.0.0.10 - Chihiro should be 10.0.0.1
turned off access logs for webserver (don't want disk to fill up).

Back