What's new
Item has been found

Mrhide

Enlightened
Reaction score
Before I go crazy, anyone has a working Sanwa PM1745/27Z21C chassis for sale?

Thank you.

Last edited:
They are usually found on the same Toshiba A68KJU tube you'd find in an Astro but the yoke is close to a MS8-29 in specs if I recall. I actually ran one on mine as PM1745's love playing dead. I'm sure a MS9-29 will be fine too. (and unlike the PM1745, much easier to find a working one of)

If you choose to do that, add a 1k 1/2w resistor across the vertical winding or else you'll get this ringing effect on the screen. I can't explain to you why this works but it does and was suggested to me by Jomac.

They are usually found on the same Toshiba A68KJU tube you'd find in an Astro but the yoke is close to a MS8-29 in specs if I recall. I actually ran one on mine as PM1745's love playing dead. I'm sure a MS9-29 will be fine too. (and unlike the PM1745, much easier to find a working one of)

If you choose to do that, add a 1k 1/2w resistor across the vertical winding or else you'll get this ringing effect on the screen. I can't explain to you why this works but it does and was suggested to me by Jomac.
what's the idea of this? to turn a PM1745 yoke compatible with a MS9 chasis? I have a Daytona USA with a 27Z21C/PM1745 combination and the Sanwa keeps failing whilst I have 2 MS9-29s as spares.

The idea is that one of warzaid's tube curvature requires a pm1745, else the mirror image is blurry! X/

I know they are shitty, especially after having tried to fix the one i have for 3 weeks that was badly burned, with paper traces and hacks… and dont get me started and that schematics that dont show connection points !

Last edited:
Big thanks to @JoeAwesome for the nice chassis.

Swapped it today and… same blurry image on the reflection.

I don’t get it and walked out. Hopefully sleeping on it will give me ideas …. Chaisaw? Fire? We’ll see

Rejuvenate it. I "fixed" a 29e31s monitor last week by restoring all the guns with a B+K rejuvenator. It fixed faults that I was sure were chassis side, like streaking and crazy blooming on bright images.

I wish I had taken a before and after video.

The monitor and chassis is fine and do not need rejuvenating. It is the reflection that is bad so maybe i put the glass not the right way? It’s dirty? ( i washed both sides 3 times before putting it back )

Oh!

Although I'm not sure how the reflection can be blurry if you washed both glass and the mirror.

I used to be a professional window washer and the cleanest windows you get with a mild dish washing solution applied to the glass and then wiping it clean with a squeegee. Works with all smooth glass surfaces.

Microfibre cloths leave marks.

professional window washer

Nice! and I do have a nice squeegee so I might try it but that is probably not the problem.
Here's a video with the ramblings of an old man, trying to show what I mean ... which is driving me nuts and producing these long sighs! :D
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQAfUUS0cME

I am waiting for a friend to help removing the glass, reclean it, and try to flip it, turn it that way, the other way, all ways and see if we can figure something out cause I am all out of ideas.
It will be stupid in the end I am pretty sure...

OK, I see. I didn't know it used the same kind of configuration as Darius. I thought both screens would be mirrored and there would just be a gap in between.

I'm pretty sure you can't do anything about it. It's a two-way mirror and the screen is reflecting from both sides of the mirror. It's probably a pretty thick mirror?

OK, I see. I didn't know it used the same kind of configuration as Darius. I thought both screens would be mirrored and there would just be a gap in between.

I'm pretty sure you can't do anything about it. It's a two-way mirror and the screen is reflecting from both sides of the mirror. It's probably a pretty thick mirror?
Here’s the thing: it is not a mirror! It’s just a glass! There are no mirrors in the game. The sensors for the guns are at the back/inside of the screens, not in front/ outside like sega.

I tried to put a “simili mirror” yesterday on the 45’vglass and i think the reflection is better but it would block the sensors.

This game is… special all right. I might try to reach another owner and see if they have the same issue.

Well, yeah, you're right. I guess it's not a mirror in the traditional sense.

I used to have a Dariusburst. It has the same setup.

Anyway, you could try a thinner piece of glass to see how well that works.

That glass sound a lot like the glass on the pin2k pinballs and you get a similar effect if you put the glass in the wrong way up have you tried flipping the glass over?

That glass sound a lot like the glass on the pin2k pinballs and you get a similar effect if you put the glass in the wrong way up have you tried flipping the glass over?

The ray of light and hope! Not yet! Tomorrow night or maybe tonight i will try with a helper

Well fuck! And yeah! That was indeed it. :bigtears:
Told you it would be stupid in the end. I even mentionned flipping the glass on monday above..

I feel dumb and i could say i bought a chassis for nothing but it’s not true: i have another spare screen now. I have learned (did i though?!!) a lot from this game!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: nem
Back