What's new
cool project, looking forward to be supporting whatever you'll do with it.
I currently own a rival schools board, would a zn-1 more compatible then? (sorry I keeping seeing sony zn video popping on your channel but not sure I understood where this is going 😁)

I currently own a rival schools board, would a zn-1 more compatible then?
ZN2 should run everything in theory, i need to dig into the changes a bit deeper it's something silly.
As of now, the ZN2 is good for ZN2 conversions only.

not sure I understood where this is going 😁
Same haha, the whole thing is a damn rabbit hole.
There will be a good update early next month :D

Same haha, the whole thing is a damn rabbit hole.
There will be a good update early next month :D
haha 😁, I thoroughly enjoy seeing you go down the rabbit hole though, keep it up, man and thanks for the answer :)

Next step , test the "bootlegs"

Ray storm
G Darius
Bloody roar 1
Bloody roar 2
Brave blade
Aero fighters (maybe)
etc

Attachments

• IMG_0897.JPG
    IMG_0897.JPG
    200.5 KB · Views: 152
Whenever it’s ready. Sign me up. Great work as always mate, glad this design worked off the bat for ‘ya.

It's top!! Very pleased with them and it's a great base to test and work with.
Totally nailed it! Same with the 2nd one , alignment seems fine!
The only mistakes come from me normally silly line errors, your work is flawless every time!

We will need the template again when the capcom CPS-2 chip is reversed, for the standard board with zero customs it can't get any better than this!
Can't see capcom going quick.. it's not easy and with the number of games to test (25 games on the tecmo alone) along the daily bullshit we gotta deal with....

Is this Tecmo ROM board requiring the BIOS board to properly work?

Last edited:
Is this Tecmo ROM board requiring the BIOS board to properly work?
Indeed , same with everything on this system that uses decrypts....
V2 board will allow to switch between bios(s) so the motherboard can use capcom or tecmo rom (and standard BIOS too so original encrypted games will still work)

Also the ram will be able to go into programmer so can do things like "boss hacks" and "region byte changes" without hard coding them in.
Basically the same ram system used from the NA1 multi ;)

Last edited:
V2 board will allow to switch between bios(s) so the motherboard can use capcom or tecmo rom (and standard BIOS too so original encrypted games will still work)

Is V2 going to simply add a connector to the ROM board so that the BIOS is part of that board instead of an extra part? That would be really nice for packaging.

Is V2 going to simply add a connector to the ROM board so that the BIOS is part of that board instead of an extra part? That would be really nice for packaging.

The idea crossed my mind but if you do that it's impossible to play capcom stuff and originals on the motherboard.

And fully working!
Needed word write to the GAL (along with the sound changes)

View: https://youtu.be/vj0aJ9hnppI

1. BR should be ok to port to g-net in this state....
2. No BGM music until we get dumps of the 2x MAIN_IFX chips.
3. BR2 and brave blade next up for testing etc!

PS: Updated tested status 1st post.

Last edited:
Back