What's new

XeD

Grand Master
Reaction score
Are Naomi security key easy enough to copy/burn? I just got myself a Naomi update disk with out a key.

using the fixed netboot pic code ive posted all over and adding in the right details will yeld a good securty chip for you
i can compile it if you have a way to burn if not pm me ill make one for a small fee

Are Naomi security key easy enough to copy/burn? I just got myself a Naomi update disk with out a key.
I don't think they came with security keys originally. You're supposed to use a compatible game key (like VF4 FT).

@werejag Thanks for hooking me up. I'll let you know how it goes when I get the disk.

@nem I was just hoping not to buy another game as I got the disk for cheap. It just save me from desolder the bios and manually programming it.

Its kind of silly you I have to upgrade in step as my 3.17 disk won't let me do any of the 1.xx

Virtua Fighter 4 GDS-0012C,GDS-0012B,GDS-0012 has teh same key and binary so yes those work for it also nem thnaks i did not realize that. but i know this key will work i sent him if programed properly

note: there is 3 known versions of GDS-0023x update disks, they uses diferent keys - rev A (2.13) from VF4, rev C (2.17) from Vf4 Evo, rev E (3.17) from VF4 FT

GDS-0023A is the disc he said he was getting so taht the details i plugedin and compiled for him

If you have a NetDimm and the zero key pic, you can netboot to update the FW to 4.02; the key is to update to 4.01 first. Seems you can't netboot update 2.xx directly to 3.17. All NetDimms have at least 2.xx firmware as this was the firmware revision series that allowed for network functions.

The only time you have to desolder the BIOS is when you are using just a regular DIMM that has 1.xx firmware. Even with the FW upgrade disc to 3.17, you can't upgrade a Dimm with 1.xx firmware. Perhaps there is a 2.xx FW disc out there somewhere that can upgrade the 1.xx boards to 2.xx which would then allow you to eventually get to 3.17 and then 4.02. But the 2.xx FW discs are no where to be sourced and likely have been lost to time. Trust me, I have tried.

If you have a Dimm with 1.xx firmware, your only practical choice is to desolder the BIOS and solder a 3.17 bios in. Once at 3.17, use the etherrnet daughter card off a NetDimm to get to 4.02.

BTW, what firmware disc do you have? is a 2.xx series?

Nevermind, you said it was 3.17.

I have the GDS-023E with a VF4FT pic for a few years now and have upgraded a few dimm with it. A friend of mine just got into an old Chinese Sega warehouse. I'm sure a few of you have notice his stuff on ebay. Anyway A GDS-23A along with a GDS-23C (which I did not win :() I got the 23A in hope that I can upgrade from 1.xx. My train of thought is go from 1.xx>2.xx>3.xx>hot swap to 4.02

Let me know if you are able to go from 1.xx with a 2.xx firmware disc. I am curious to know this too. I posted a guide here as a result of your discussion. This comes up every now and again.

Let me know if you are able to go from 1.xx with a 2.xx firmware disc. I am curious to know this too. I posted a guide here as a result of your discussion. This comes up every now and again.
Will do. It may take awhile as I'm expecting the disk, along with a few BC cp, NNC cp, and my impulse buy on the monkey ball kit (This hobby is going to kill me). I no longer have 1.02 dimm. I will have to pick another one up when the next batch of net dimm becomes available.

I have a few 1.xx Dimm's and a GDROM. If you would be willing to ship me the 2.xx firmware upgrade disc on loan, I would love to give it a whirl then pass on the info to the community.

A friend of mine just got into an old Chinese Sega warehouse. I'm sure a few of you have notice his stuff on ebay.
Your friend is yaton? I just bought two BC panels from him. They were the foulest smelling panels I've ever had the pleasure of encountering.

I wouldn't say friends persay, we have yet to hang out for a drink. That seem to be his mo. He find these old Chinese stock and just sell for cheap. I was not in this hobby in his neo geo heyday. From what I hear he sold blazing star, pulstar, and the like for 20.00

From what I hear he sold blazing star, pulstar, and the like for 20.00
Yeah, I remember. Legit carts with fake labels.

He also had cheap Cave games a few years back.

Not always fake labels. I got one of those Blazing Stars with a holo label for $20.

A friend of mine just got into an old Chinese Sega warehouse. I'm sure a few of you have notice his stuff on ebay.
pretty nice. we (Dumping Union & MAME) got from him several interesting or undumped games.

Back