What's new
I'd be curious to see some input tests done between something like the JVS io, fast io, and some of the popular keyboard encoders like an ipac/j-pac. Aside from a potential input lag (possibly even from j-config?) I'm not sure I see any benefit in getting a TTX vs a standard PC (which I already use to play the games). Especially in this case when the TTX is a more restricted PC with its own various compatibility issues and limitations. Is there any actual benefit to going "real hardware" in this case?

I'd be curious to see some input tests done between something like the JVS io, fast io, and some of the popular keyboard encoders like an ipac/j-pac. Aside from a potential input lag (possibly even from j-config?) I'm not sure I see any benefit in getting a TTX vs a standard PC (which I already use to play the games). Especially in this case when the TTX is a more restricted PC with its own various compatibility issues and limitations. Is there any actual benefit to going "real hardware" in this case?
Jconfig, only input lag would be the lag of the controller used. beacues its using the same type of code , but to poll a kb/joybad to fast io, ie if you have a slow kb, it will lag
And i fully agree to the ttx itself being pointless, but for purity sake
you can run a real fast io in your pc and run the games natively.

This cant be that complicated of a piece of hardware. I wish there was more demand for them so we could get a alternative made up.
no it really is complicated and expensive. one is a PCI-ex board using an FPGA to do Direct Memory Access Control (DMAC for short hence iDmac)

the other is another fpga to encapsulates the inputs in to a LVDS stream. LVDS is used in a lot of laptops as a display protocol. EG its super fast.

recreating the IO would be the simplest but most likely the most expensive but the iDmac will most likely be the cheapest to build but very difficult to pull off as its not a simple network card or the likes.
DMAC is very easy to fuck up and as you can probably tell when it fucks up it can "REALLY" fuck up.
I know of 2 people in the scene that "could" do it. but its not a weekend job so it would need to be a for profit job

Is there any actual benefit to going "real hardware" in this case?
as atrfate said you can run the FIO on a normal PC. thats actually how most of my dev work with this has been. this is also true for the JVS input card on the TTX and in turn a card reader.
so technically no but i like other prefer to have legit setups so thats how we support it.

as for the lag. due to the way FIO works on the application side it is near on lag free.
It is also less resource intensive as the io polling is not exactly handled by the game.
all the game does is send a command to the dmac and it handles everything and then edits some memory. all away from the cpu

now their IO board itself and the LVDS stream from what i have heard is not the best implementation. So i cant comment really on any lag there. @android may be able to give a bit more info here.

For FIO and PC games on a TTX2/3 i do plan to do a FIO to vjoy tool for this purpose but right now i have zero time to commit to anything really. this is one of them projects i need to set aside a whole weekend and just go from start to finish on it

tumblr_mx1iuc7QKo1qec4gro1_500.gif

Quick question - I've prepared an SSD with this excellent multi boot, but when I connect it to my type X2 it shows the Taito screen and then says 'error loading operating system'. I was previously using an original IDE HDD previously, and have plugged the new multi boot SSD into the SATA 1 connector on the mobo. Is this correct? Thanks!

Should work, I have it running from a SSD as well, just unplugged the original HDD and plugged the SSD in.

Have you tried to rewrite the image to the SSD?

Thanks, I'll try rewriting it but it looked like it worked fine with all the partitions.

And is SATA 1 definitely right? There's usually a sata 0 but I can't see one on the mobo!

edit: I've plugged it in to SATA 2 and got a different error 'couldn't open drive multi 0 disk 0 rdisk0 partition 1.

Maybe I did write the image wrong. What program works to write it with Windows? I used imageUSB.

Last edited:
Not sure what the default SATA port is labelled, I’m not home now and cannot check...

+1 for HHD Raw copy tool. I've used it many times for different stuff and never had an issue :D

New version is almost ready for release! :)

Hopefully I will have everything ready this weekend.

The new version adds some of the following features.

• Added support for FastIO ( menu and JVS games )
  • Complete rewrite of menu JVS code.
  • Seamless I/O detection
  • Menu resolution via X2 dip switch ( 480p or 720p ) ( Dip2 )
  • Complete rewrite of game image support ( Images are auto scalled, can be any size, can have any filename, and be either JPG or PNG ).
  • TXCE game support. ( Will be needed for clean dump of BBCS2, and USFIV when the time comes. )
  • Game autobooting without starting the menu ( Multi can be setup to boot straight into a game without starting the menu, just like a legit drive.).

Does the new version implement that ReadFile timeout thing we talked about? :D

Were the return codes also addressed? Also any chance for a new build for the loaders used in artfate's launcher? Thanks so much for your work!

Back