What's new

stickcross

Student
Reaction score
bild2074.jpg

For our setup up out, we had to vampirize 3 panels virtua golf because the I / O board was not found.
And that's really not cool because this game still deserves to have its panel

Do you think it will be easy to reproduce this card?

I ask the question here because there are people very strong for that, I would like to do it myself but I have no competence in electronics but for other things.

if I not mistaken NAOMI Golf games doesn't require exact this JVS I/O, afair they're happy if some single I/O have enough digital inputs AND 4x rotary channels.

you may try to find some other I/O which have all of these. I'd guess Sega Type-2 I/O with DIPSW 1 ON might be ok ?

this is for the trackball right? If so you can use a type 2 I/O, but for outtrigger setups (and maybe virtua golf) it has to be used as a secondary io. Type 2 has the ability to read rotary inputs, but outtrigger only looks for them on the secondary so it cannot be used standalone.

Thank you for this information, it's very interesting.

Outtrigger does not believe if there is not this board, it will be necessary that I try with another card in hope that it does not ask for the exact reference in data JVS.

The purpose of my research to replicate this card is to remake panels much cheaper, because the original is now not found, but also not to take on other dedicated panels.
So if we can do this board with just the features born at a lower cost it would be great

Unfortunately I do not have the skills to create a board

okay, I've rechecked Virtua Golf game, and sadly it doesn't work with single Type-2 I/O, it seems really require 2x JVS I/O boards.

you may look at this JVS Emulator
currently it doesnt do what you want, but I think it can be implemented (2x I/O simulation and rotary support).

Pretty simple to reproduce, many resistor arrays, a couple of caps,a LED, an EPROM but the ASIC in the middle is the main obstacle.It needs to be reversed or at least transplanted on the repro.

If so you can use a type 2 I/O, but for outtrigger setups (and maybe virtua golf) it has to be used as a secondary io. Type 2 has the ability to read rotary inputs, but outtrigger only looks for them on the secondary so it cannot be used standalone.
yup I've done this a few times.

Type 2 IO will work but it has to have the dips set rotary input mode and on JVS Node 2. Honestly that's going to be substantially less expensive than a repo of the rotary board.

the ASIC in the middle is the main obstacle.It needs to be reversed or at least transplanted on the repro.
Indeed.

The fastest way to a repo might actually be to make a smaller form-factor Type 2 IO PCB and salvage the ASIC and other key parts from an original Type 2.

Back