What's new

ganyizhong

Beginner
Reaction score
Sorry for I'm being stupid, I've read about a post that it's possible to play Soul Calibur 2 without Secondary Dongle (Meant no conquest mode).
But I don't really know which dongle and DVD is the ones that I need,
Wanna check if anyone here knows about the answer!

Appreciate for reading and the help :)

Sorry for I'm being stupid, I've read about a post that it's possible to play Soul Calibur 2 without Secondary Dongle (Meant no conquest mode).
But I don't really know which dongle and DVD is the ones that I need,
Wanna check if anyone here knows about the answer!

Appreciate for reading and the help :)
If you don’t have the secondary memory card, I believe you’ll need version A of the disc, which is available here in the 2X6 Rollup pack. Just download the CHD, extract it into ISO using CHDMAN and burn the ISO to a blank DVD. Hope this helps.

I've seen sc21-dvd0b and sc21-dvd0d there, so I can't really find a version A ;(

I could be wrong but I thought 'd' worked, just maked conquest mode unavailable in absence of the 2nd card.
Hmm, I believe you’re correct , I haven’t really tried it but I do know that version A, while it doesn’t skip the dongle verification (none of the disc do) it should get past it and have conquest mode blocked. I’ll try to find my copy of Ver.A again and try to upload it if it isn’t available through MAME.

Thanks Franco and skate!
I'm currently in this screen (Image from another post by Kujako),
But it doesn't work while pressing both 1P and 2P start, not sure what should I do here?

IMG_0842.jpg

Try using a PS2 memory card because that's all the memory card is, even says Playstation 2 memory card on it. I have both SC2 and SC3 with security dongles and memory cards
*I'm not talking about the security dongle, just the memory card*

Try using a PS2 memory card because that's all the memory card is, even says Playstation 2 memory card on it. I have both SC2 and SC3 with security dongles and memory cards
That’s not how it works, a normal PlayStation 2 memory card won’t work as the one used for SC2 is formatted differently

Try downloading and burn the Ver.D iso to a blank dvd
Yeah this is what I got after that, the DVD label goes SC21 DVD0D,
and the screen occurs, can't really exit somehow
is it because I'm having wrong button keymapping?

Still, thanks again!

Roughly translated, your photo says you can play without conquest mode if you hit Player 1 / 2 start; so, I would check IO and keymapping.

Didn't get it work after all, I'll give up on this one for a while,
Really appreciate you guys!

Didn't get it work after all, I'll give up on this one for a while,
Really appreciate you guys!
Happy to help, next time I have my 246/256 stuff out I'll have another look. I don't have the memory card any more because I sent it to a community member to try to reverse it (nobody has so far to my knowledge) but I have still played SC2 using the multi dongle and a burned disc in this manner.

I’ll be glad to take a look at my copy, just haven’t had any time lately.

The dongle model corresponding to SC21-DVD0B (DVD-ROM) is: SC21,Ver.A10 a025781150058a.bin
1. Remove 1off pozi head screw (M3x10) and remove the Dongle Cover.
2. Fit the Dongle to the left hand connector.
3. Fit the Memory Card to the right hand connector.

if the second card is formatted in a Different way, is it the same formatting as the 246 dongles ? , if i format a dongle the same way as a 246 dongle would conquest mode work ?

if the second card is formatted in a Different way, is it the same formatting as the 246 dongles ? , if i format a dongle the same way as a 246 dongle would conquest mode work ?
I don't believe so. Several of us have tried (and all have failed to this point as far as I know) to create a replacement secondary SC2 dongle.

Back