What's new

tiff_lee

Grand Master
Reaction score
Has anyone come across a review or any kind of customer feedback for one of these Acrooda monitors?
https://www.arcooda.com/accessories/arcade-monitors/20-1-inch-lcd-arcade-monitor/

I need something for my Punchmania and the active display area of this LCD is a perfect fit for the window with only mere mm's of screen adjustment required. It is however somewhat pricey and so i've been trying to do some research before getting one, even just seeing the functionality of the OSD would be nice. The website doesn't disclose what backlight method this LCD uses but after looking at LG 20.1" panels it seems they are all CCFL.

I am also considering just using a modern widescreen (24") monitor with GBS Control.

Did you end up grabbing one of these? I’m really curious about these too…
Not yet, I sent an enquiry asking for some more info regarding the OSD. I'm still leaning towards one of these if only because of the availability, trying to import a similar size panel from China costs just as much. I did also consider picking up a used Dell 2007FP 20.1 and removing the housing but these are far and few between here, 15 years old and cost a premium for what it is.

I've never used a GBS either.....there are so many mixed reviews. I'm apprehensive over the lag since I mostly collect & play Capcom fighting games. but, they are only like 100 bucks I think now, so if they really do work, it would certainly free up a lot of the time I spend scouring the internet for a 4:3 bigger than 19 inches

I've never used a GBS either.....there are so many mixed reviews. I'm apprehensive over the lag since I mostly collect & play Capcom fighting games. but, they are only like 100 bucks I think now, so if they really do work, it would certainly free up a lot of the time I spend scouring the internet for a 4:3 bigger than 19 inches
So they sent me the link to a video here you go

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsgtSEa6p3E&ab_channel=Arcooda

Looks like the OSD offers what you' generally expect from a PC monitor, shame there is no dedicated adjustment for horizontal and vertical size (although there is pixel clock which affects the width). Also a shame there is no scanline option although that perhaps considered a niche feature.

Back