What's new
I was recently able to grab two of those analogue sticks from yaton on ebay. Had to clean and rebuild them but at least I was able to replace the borrowed stick from my baseball panel.
Not sure if the original Climax Throttle stick returns to center. Normaly throttle sticks do not have a spring when looking at RC planes and the like. I also think it is more natural to have it stay in the position that you left it in. Mine still has the spring though.

I looked at a Afterburner Climax manual online and that thrust lever is crazy robust and may be out of an actual jet! Lol!
I can’t link the manual (Segaretro) for some reason, it’s on page 35 if you find it

I looked at a Afterburner Climax manual online and that thrust lever is crazy robust and may be out of an actual jet! Lol!
I can’t link the manual (Segaretro) for some reason, it’s on page 35 if you find it
Yeah its absolutely massive and way too deep to shoehorn into a candy cab setup.

Yeah searches for sega analog stick and variations of have been fruitless thus far. Was considering using a hi low gearshift with the button on the side for climax mode but may look a little naff plus depth would probably be an issue again (need to measure up).

Hi, I wanna do the same. Can you share or pm the files for the movement restrictor plate and the thruster? Already contacted Alberto about the panel. Did you cut the traces on the ribbon? I soldered them to the middle contacts but they still register as pressed when I check continuity.

Wouldn't it be better with a second (angled) flight stick as the throttle stick It would allow you to activate the Climax mode from the throttle hand, and let your right thumb fire the missiles. Holding the Climax button and firing the missiles from the same finger does not feel quite right. 🤔

I did rework the throttle stick to allow for a button and changed the way it is guided and held straight. @Casselfornia, let me know if you need the 3D print files.

Back