RRRRGGGGBBBBRGBX = 1 A Hardware
XRRRRRGGGGGBBBBB = Peek a boo (RGB 555)

Attachments

• 0004.png
    0004.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 98
Whatever you're doing, keep it up! :thumbsup:
Adding more games - or trying :P

The first rompack is compiled now for the initial release with 16 games (including big striker).
The others from the initial batch of 5 will be arriving soon to give the setup a good thrashing.
I am without a unit now so the big order won't be long away :P

Not sure how I missed this but please add me to the list, looks awesome

edit: if anyone wants to let go of a donor, hit me up. can't believe how many P-47s I've passed up over the years ||

Last edited:
Colors not 100% identical , still looks good... Only some sound to add now!
Controls is done but no spinner as there's still no docs on it :(

Next job... find the best sample pack from the other games that fits with this game.

Attachments

• 0005.png
    0005.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 90
Controls is done but no spinner as there's still no docs on it :(
I’ve got 3 spinner games that all have different configs for spinner inputs. All 3 use the JAMMA pins: Arkanoid RoD uses joystick Left and Right (like other Taito spinner games), Free Kick and Goindol uses the JAMMA plus pins (25/26, c/d).
If this hardware uses the same kind of input method, it wouldn’t be hard to hook up those pins to a spinner and see what we get.

Reactions: dos
The spinner is not hooked up at all right now until we know how the 1A works on the extra IO.

It's not documented but as people get kick off to test / try with i'm sure it will be figured out.

On the F3 there is a jumper to select between spinner and joystick.
There's a dipswitch on peek a boo, it's done in code... On the 1A it's done in hardware so needs fully reprogrammed....
It's quite playable on joystick , looking forward to a hardware test!

Anyways! Merry Christmas all!

Here's how peek a boo is, a little fast in hacked mame:

View: https://youtu.be/hrxYYL2UBhE

1: OVERCLOCKED TO BEYOND FOR HYPE
2: NO AUDIO DRIVER YET
3: PR0N MODE NOT AVAILABLE (THE 1D HAD HIGHER COLOR DEPTH FOR THEM...)
4: SPINNER NOT HOOKED UP / PORTED
5: NOT TESTED ON HW
6: SOME LITTLE RGB STUFF TO TWEAK (POWERUPS etc..)

Just wondering, is the Status list what you are working towards? Or is that just a list of stuff that won’t be achievable?

I know the spinner is in demand, when someone has more info on the 1A's AUX pinout.
Once again, the kick off instruction manual should have all the info i need however only the bootleg manual is scanned with no information :/

Testing and cleanup goes without saying ;)

There's no shortage of the PCB guys, p47. astyanax, rodland and ST dragon was all top sellers BITD.

Calm down and stop fighting , if there's a true shortage we can repro the motherboard ;)
No fighting, but I did get desperate for motherboard and ended up getting a more expensive game! I think all the $200 P 47‘s are gone!

A full repro of the motherboard would be awesome as well and I would also buy one of those hell I would probably buy a few of them!
4/10 of the custom chips are done <JK's from caius / romboard MCU>, romboard is done and half the schematics are done.

Won't be cheap (the math on the modules and romboard is there already) ...

Most originals out there need a set of @caius JK's as they get broken so easy.

Anyways, the sync chip is next todo as it's needed for the extra sprites section, and also schematics need to be done of the AUX connector too so don't expect repro motherboards tomorrow LOL.

4/10 of the custom chips are done <JK's from caius / romboard MCU>, romboard is done and half the schematics are done.

Won't be cheap (the math on the modules and romboard is there already) ...

Most originals out there need a set of @caius JK's as they get broken so easy.

Anyways, the sync chip is next todo as it's needed for the extra sprites section, and also schematics need to be done of the AUX connector too so don't expect repro motherboards tomorrow LOL.
No problem, the day after tomorrow is fine too!

Back