What's new

rewrite

Multi Boyz Litigator
Immortal
Multi Boyz
Reaction score
Got a project in mind and not excited at the idea of doing all of the harnesses by hand (plus they'd look better if done proper).

Anyone have experience with getting harnesses produced?

Manufacturing engineer here. When you said bulk, how much are you talking? what equipment do you have?

I never looked into doing them bulk as there are so many harnesses that would be nice to cover so make them to order as they come in. for myself this has worked out pretty good. Depending on the harness you will run into problems sourcing some of the original style connectors also which can be a right pain in the butt. ;)

there are a number of wiring products I'd like to sell, I LOATH doing crimping by hand so I reached out to a number of companies who make harnesses in the US.

out of dozen or so companies I contact asking for quotes on a very simple harness in a quantity of around 100 units. 4 of them "no quoted" me (basically saying, we don't want the job so we're not going to give you a price) and the rest straight up ignored me.

Manufacturing engineer here. When you said bulk, how much are you talking? what equipment do you have?
50-100. I have hands. Ha.
@Lemony Vengeance may also be able to help.
Haven't gotten one 30 pin harness I asked about months and months ago. And I know he'd posted about some personal things. I'm sure he doesn't have time for a project this big.
there are a number of wiring products I'd like to sell, I LOATH doing crimping by hand so I reached out to a number of companies who make harnesses in the US.
out of dozen or so companies I contact asking for quotes on a very simple harness in a quantity of around 100 units. 4 of them "no quoted" me (basically saying, we don't want the job so we're not going to give you a price) and the rest straight up ignored me.
Well that's disappointing...
I never looked into doing them bulk as there are so many harnesses that would be nice to cover so make them to order as they come in. for myself this has worked out pretty good. Depending on the harness you will run into problems sourcing some of the original style connectors also which can be a right pain in the butt. ;)
Everything for this project is attainable still thankfully. But at 200+ pins per harness I've no interest in crimping them by hand.

Same here, quantities need to be in the thousands apparently for a professionally made harness. Takes time too, as they need to source your connectors, those have moq most likely, so there's that. Usually they need to set up jigs per station to make the harnesses. So theres is definitely labor involved, etc.....Crazy that these companies that often complain that there is to much competition from china, etc..not enough work etc...dont even bother with small orders, dont even respond. $$ is $$, Work is Work, WTF? You dont have to do accept the job but at least have the common courtesy to respond.

Now If anyone is willing to make me some custom jamma harnesses let me, I have some cabs to rewire, namely and Egret 29 & Sega Dino King (complete new custom harness needed) :D

Everything for this project is attainable still thankfully. But at 200+ pins per harness I've no interest in crimping them by hand.
Man, we gotta get this done. Let me know maybe I can help.

Yeah, now that things have settled down a bit I'm back at it. Making a handful wouldn't be too big of a deal, but making enough to go around is a tall order :/

Yeah, now that things have settled down a bit I'm back at it. Making a handful wouldn't be too big of a deal, but making enough to go around is a tall order :/
https://cordmaster.com/

Try these guys maybe.

With things being the way they are, who knows, just reach out to everyone you can and try to get quotes.

Not my department but let me find the contact info we outsourced harnesses. At one point our harness assemblers were all out at the same time so we didn’t have any choice but to outsource it despite it was a low volume simple harness even I could make it. Can’t guaranty it’ll be low price but wouldn’t hurt to have an option.

Not my department but let me find the contact info we outsourced harnesses. At one point our harness assemblers were all out at the same time so we didn’t have any choice but to outsource it despite it was a low volume simple harness even I could make it. Can’t guaranty it’ll be low price but wouldn’t hurt to have an option.
All options are good options right now :)

On the subject of crimping. How can I get better at it?
first make sure you're using the right crimp tool.
second make sure you're using the right sized pin for the right sized wire with the right amount stripped off.

those are the two most important things. that and a firm grip will get you good crimps every time.

Now If anyone is willing to make me some custom jamma harnesses let me, I have some cabs to rewire, namely and Egret 29 & Sega Dino King (complete new custom harness needed) :D
I make custom Jamma harnesses all the time, and recently started to make the Jamma plus harnesses with the Konami 4 Player harnesses being the most recent.
So pretty much for the most part I can help out with most of the harnesses.
This is me btw : www.goldenagearcadeparts.com

Also on the comments about having to hand crimp everything, I have to say its brutal some days crimping hundreds to thousands of crimps in a day, not including stripping all the ends etc. My arthritis sure hates me at times. LOL

I make custom Jamma harnesses all the time, and recently started to make the Jamma plus harnesses with the Konami 4 Player harnesses being the most recent.So pretty much for the most part I can help out with most of the harnesses.
This is me btw : www.goldenagearcadeparts.com

Also on the comments about having to hand crimp everything, I have to say its brutal some days crimping hundreds to thousands of crimps in a day, not including stripping all the ends etc. My arthritis sure hates me at times. LOL
Awesome, in that case, whats the best way to get in touch? I need a custom harness for my dino king conversion project.

I make custom Jamma harnesses all the time, and recently started to make the Jamma plus harnesses with the Konami 4 Player harnesses being the most recent.So pretty much for the most part I can help out with most of the harnesses.This is me btw : www.goldenagearcadeparts.com

Awesome, in that case, whats the best way to get in touch? I need a custom harness for my dino king conversion project.
Easiest way is email, as its easier for me to save conversations and go back later.

orders@goldenagearcadeparts.com

Thanks
Ken

@rewrite Sorry about the delay in replying. I took a bit of a break, there.

If you still need something made, let me know. I prefer to work in bulk anyway :D

Back