What's new

Kujako

Champion
Reaction score
I have a Type X3 Multi setup I am trying to get working with Fast IO (no particular reason as it's been working via JVS, just to see if I can). I've installed the K91X1204B in my Vewlix "C" (swapping out the JVS board as I use a DB15 to JVS adapter), using a standard ethernet cable to connect to the X3 and powering the IO board using P1 only. I then connected the JST cable that I have running to my DB15 adapter back to the built in wiring harness.
IMG_1186.jpg

Powering on, I see a bunch of LEDs light up on the IO board and the Fast IO interface on the X3, including some blinking ones, none of which means anything to me...
IMG_1196.jpg

In the Multi setup, I then select Enable Fast IO but following the reboot it's not accepting inputs (USB keyboard still works).
IMG_1198.jpg

So... questions:
1. Am I missing anything in my setup? Dip switches on either the IO board or the Type X3?
2. Do I need a different power setup (P2)?
3. Anything I need to check with the ethernet cable being used?
4. Given the JAMMA connector on the K91X1204B, should I be able to hook up a supergun and use that for the inputs as a means of testing if its the harness cabling that's the issue? If I do this, do I need to power the Fast IO board or will it pull power from the JAMMA connector?

I also have a K91X1202A I can try, but I'd need to build a power connector for it and it wont fit in the Vewlix panel.

I think you should use enable jvs for using the stick . I had met the same thing .

I think you should use enable jvs for using the stick . I had met the same thing .

But that would be for using JVS, which is what I've been using. I'm looking to get Fast IO working instead (for reasons that I can't remember).

Make sure your using a straight through ethernet cable.

Also can you show a pic of where the ethernet cable is plugged into the X3?

Make sure your using a straight through ethernet cable.

Also can you show a pic of where the ethernet cable is plugged into the X3?

Have it disconnected currently, but I'll work on getting and checking that. But the ethernet cable is just your basic CAT6E patch cable.

Back