What's new

toiawaseru

Student
Reaction score
Hi.

I am attempting to purchase an M72 R-Type PCB set that was originally in a Nintendo arcade cabinet as Nintendo was the distributor for this Irem title per Google researching. I plan to use it at home with a supergun. However, there is an issue related to the audio. The stock Irem M72 was factory converted to be compliant with Nintendo's cabinet setup that uses an external audio amp. Part of the conversion involved changing the audio from amplified on the PCB (Irem original) to line level/unamplified (Nintendo-ified).

Has anyone else successfully used a US R-Type M72 from a Nintendo cabinet in their home supergun setup? If so, what was your process? Convert the board back to Irem M72 stock? Incorporate an external amp into the setup?

Any assistance would be most appreciated. R-Type is an all-time favorite of mine and I would enjoy having an original PCB set to play.

Thank you for your time.

Hi.

I appreciate the reply and the link. I did a search before posting but used 'audio' instead of 'sound' in the string, so my bad on that.

I will read through the posts.

Thanks again.

Back