What's new

Pacheco

Student
Reaction score
Good Night everybody,

So, basically one of the three plastic mounting brackets just snapped in a half. It's the part that holds the monitor bezel with the control panel of the Astro City.

What's the best way to glue this material?

I reviewed some fixes and my only options are resin + fiberglass or epoxy glue.

Any clue how to do this? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 178924622_470821357577406_4578637901428797989_n.jpg
    178924622_470821357577406_4578637901428797989_n.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 78
I had this exact thing happen before and used a two part epoxy making sure I left it for a good 24-48 hours to harden.

If it's what I'm thinking it is, that part is not visible and inside the control panel right? I would put a washer with the same diameter hole there and epoxy it all together. The extra metal part will give the repair more strength and rigidity.

Except it's snapped right where the 90 degree angle is:

ac_bezel_mounting_feet.jpg

I would probably try epoxying some kind of L-bracket on it. Maybe even weld one to the bracket above that holds the CP.

Alternatively, don't do anything. It's not like it has that much purpose. There's two more after all.

Last edited:
Yeah I'd try to use some epoxy / JB weld or something to recreate the part. Unless you know someone who can weld then you could just weld a small L bracket there

Thank you guys, I'll try your suggestions.

Wanted to be sure I'll use the correct stuff! Might post my results here.

Nice day!

Thank you guys, I'll try your suggestions.

Wanted to be sure I'll use the correct stuff! Might post my results here.

Nice day!
best of luck! Luckily this is one of those fixes that doesn't need to be pretty...just needs to work!

Back