What's new

shifter

Beginner
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has had any success in running the normal battle gear 4 decrypted game files on original x+ hardware ? I cannot get any of the dumps to run and was hoping someone might be able to tell me where im going wrong. just get this error
20210617_123240.jpg

Have you gotten any of the other games to run? Like Chase HQ2?

I haven't tried tbh, i have a twin cab bg4 which has lost a board on one side, i have a replacement system but obviously no keys to play the original hard drive. bg4 is X+ as well isnt chase hq x2 ?

Chase HQ2 works on both. Mine are running on X+.

It's complaining something about memory. Maybe your memory is faulty. Swap the memory sticks between the units to make sure it's not that.

tried swapping the ram already no joy, il see if i can run chase hq

i've also been messing around with the working side as well after cloning the drive. i took a copy of the decrypted game files from drive after changing the shell and even those give me exactly the same error when i try to run game.exe. feel im missing something simple just cant seem to find what

Have you tried putting the harddrive with the decrypted image on the other unit? It doesn't matter if it still has the original keys on the motherboard, they won't go anywhere.

i dont suppose you have a link for chase hq do you, having trouble tracking it down ?

ok so chase hq pretty much boots, been trying various bg4t versions i can find and they seem to crash with a similar error. Has anyone managed to get either of these running on original arcade hardware?

managed to get this resolved in the end, if anyone needs to get the original bg4 running in an arcade cab pm me. Everything including linked play works as it should apart from the issue i can only get 2 channel audio ;(

managed to get this resolved in the end, if anyone needs to get the original bg4 running in an arcade cab pm me. Everything including linked play works as it should apart from the issue i can only get 2 channel audio ;(

Would be awesome to know how you fixed that error in the image in your first post!

He was trying to run it in a window. It needs to be launched full screen.

He was trying to run it in a window. It needs to be launched full screen.

It's being launched full screen on my side with
Code:
game.exe _MTS_FULL_SCREEN_
in the command, so I don't think that's the problem for me unfortunately. ;(

Last edited:

HI Shifter,
I just sent you a pm. I have a faulty hdd so i cant run battle gear 4 on my machine anymore. Can you please help me?

Thanks!

Back