What's new
Update turned it off waited an hour turned it back on, no picture. Wondering if the VGA cable in the cab could be bad? But if that were the case I thought I’d see a no signal message.

Alright think I’m getting somewhere. I unplugged the VGA style cable from the monitor and turned the unit on. Instantly I saw a no signal message which is good news. Plugged in the cable to the monitor instantly got video. I think the VGA cable is intermittently failing. Thinking of grabbing the one from my blast city to try as I think it is the same type. But at this point ill
Probably wait for confirmation before doing so lol

image.jpg

Pretty stumped. I grabbed the VGA cable from my blast and made sure the pins were the same and it was the same model of Kawasaki cable. Plugged it into the New Net City and no picture. Then the trick I thought was working in my previous post didn't work either.

The biggest clue I think I have so far though is that when the monitor is working and I power it down I hear the static discharge kind of noise.

When I turn the power off when the power is not working, I DO NOT hear that noise.

Does anyone know what this is for on the New Net City Audio Amp?

Kinda looks like a black RCA? Im looking at the wiring diagram but not understanding it.

1707955295111.png

I bought the VF3 marquee above, but it came with a smaller version too. Does anyone know what it’s for? Advertising or a different cab?

IMG_1877.jpeg

I purchased this VF3 Blast City Wiring Harness -> https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction...aSGZGQ2JYRW00eWFVL2R4OVVpVVlBZG8vekVUdGxjQT0=

1708495942722.png

I bought this for my Sun Power Supply ->

1708495908404.png

1708496028230.png

I see though in pics with VF3 all setup it looks like 4 power connectors instead of the 3 that my Sun PSU has? Not sure if I need another power connector or not?

The Stock Blast City PSU I am hoping powers whatever is missing?

I tried to research but kinda overwhelmed by all the connectors.

Do you need an amp? I ended up with like 4 spares.

For the VGA cable, it may be worth having a look with the connector shells off. Mine had some wires that broke free on one end as the jacketing had pulled away from the stress relief. You could also pin it out with a meter, but it is just about the same amount of effort and you can meter it with the shell off much easier.

If you do end up needing a VGA cable, look for cheap sega/naomi wiring on ebay. I bought an entire lot of the video, audio and power connectors for something like $30 shipped. I can help you look if needed. Certainly do not pay a grip for a new cable from whomever.

Good luck.

Do you need an amp? I ended up with like 4 spares.

For the VGA cable, it may be worth having a look with the connector shells off. Mine had some wires that broke free on one end as the jacketing had pulled away from the stress relief. You could also pin it out with a meter, but it is just about the same amount of effort and you can meter it with the shell off much easier.

If you do end up needing a VGA cable, look for cheap sega/naomi wiring on ebay. I bought an entire lot of the video, audio and power connectors for something like $30 shipped. I can help you look if needed. Certainly do not pay a grip for a new cable from whomever.

Good luck.
I need to check if a I have the amp.

I ordered a Sega Kawasaki VGA cable for a spare for like $30. Does the amp you are talking about output stereo? I’m not getting how the audio is coming out of the VF3 board or how the sound works. I thought since it’s a VF3 blast city harness , stereo would work thru the Blast but not sure how that all works.

I purchased this VF3 Blast City Wiring Harness -> https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction...aSGZGQ2JYRW00eWFVL2R4OVVpVVlBZG8vekVUdGxjQT0=

1708495942722.png

I bought this for my Sun Power Supply ->

1708495908404.png

1708496028230.png

I see though in pics with VF3 all setup it looks like 4 power connectors instead of the 3 that my Sun PSU has? Not sure if I need another power connector or not?

The Stock Blast City PSU I am hoping powers whatever is missing?

I tried to research but kinda overwhelmed by all the connectors.
The wiring loom you bought, one end plugs into the Model 3 stack, and the other end plugs into the Blast City I/O.
You should get both sound and video with that wiring loom.

The Sun PSU doesn't connect to your Model 3 loom.

Not the best picture, but you can hopefully get an idea how the loom connects.
Ignore the DSB2 and Sega mixer, VF3 doesn't use those.

The 5 pin RGB connector is unplugged too, the built in VGA cable was being used at the time.

Spikeout_Blast_04.jpg

Last edited:
The wiring loom you bought, one end plugs into the Model 3 stack, and the other end plugs into the Blast City I/O.
You should get both sound and video with that wiring loom.

The Sun PSU doesn't connect to your Model 3 loom.
I don’t need an additional power supply other than the blast city stock one?

I thought I’d connect 3.3v and 5v from Sun PSU to power Virtua fighter 3 and use the blast city stock psu to power the cabinet.

Or you mean don’t connect Sun psu to loom but to model 3 stack?

I don’t need an additional power supply other than the blast city stock one?

I thought I’d connect 3.3v and 5v from Sun PSU to power Virtua fighter 3 and use the blast city stock psu to power the cabinet.

Or you mean don’t connect Sun psu to loom but to model 3 stack?
If your Blast City PSU is in 100% working order, it will power the VF3 stack just fine.
You will need to check the voltages, there's an adjustment pot on the Blast PSU.

Did you actually try and connect the Model 3 loom to the Sun PSU?
You will find that the connectors are different and they wont plug into each other.

I've added a picture to the above post.
That's how I used to power my SpikeOut FE stack before I made a custom loom to use a Lindbergh PSU.

If your blast has a Jamma loom already installed, take that out and plug the Model 3 loom in.

If your Blast City PSU is in 100% working order, it will power the VF3 stack just fine.
You will need to check the voltages, there's an adjustment pot on the Blast PSU.

Did you actually try and connect the Model 3 loom to the Sun PSU?
You will find that the connectors are different and they wont plug into each other.

I've added a picture to the above post.
That's how I used to power my SpikeOut FE stack before I made a custom loom to use a Lindbergh PSU.

If your blast has a Jamma loom already installed, take that out and plug the Model 3 loom in.
I haven’t received the loom yet will probably take a bit from YAJ. Thank you!

Cool.

The Blast City is a very versatile cabinet, multi frequency monitor and the I/O board with the interchangeable looms make it one of the best cabs for multiple systems. It plays everything from Jamma to Lindbergh (If you have the updated PSU with Lindbergh ATM connectors built in).

The only downside of the cab is that the monitor chassis is difficult to repair.

Back