What's new
Sorry, try again. but yes, If you want to connect the Model 3 filterboard power pins to an ATX PSU, then the cable you have shared will not pass...
Is that the same as a Blast City Model 3 harness?

They are going to remake it for me but maybe I coulda just used this one plus the ATX adapter?

Attachments

• IMG_2677.png
    IMG_2677.png
    387 KB · Views: 16
Bought a coin door frame on Yaton for $25. Seeing if I can spray paint this small part decent for my Astro 2. Didn’t wanna mess with the original Astro 2 coin door frame so trying it out on here.

I remember someone said to use Audi white but I couldn’t find anyone to ship that to the USA online so I got these ones.

Who knows if it will match well enough or not.

IMG_2676.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 14
Bought a coin door frame on Yaton for $25. Seeing if I can spray paint this small part decent for my Astro 2. Didn’t wanna mess with the original Astro 2 coin door frame so trying it out on here.

I remember someone said to use Audi white but I couldn’t find anyone to ship that to the USA online so I got these ones.

Who knows if it will match well enough or not.

IMG_2676.jpeg

This came out ok. It more matches the cabinet than the OG coin box door frame (the doors on all my Candy cabs seem a very very slight shade darker than the rest of the cab) but you would really have to be looking for it to tell a difference. It doesn't seem to have the same level of gloss but idk if that because I should add clearcoat or a gel coat.

I also bought a coin box door on Yaton. I don't know if it will be painted or not. I am hoping it is original and just in a little better condition than mine. If not I will have fun trying to sharpen my novice painting skills.

IMG_2747.jpeg

IMG_2746.jpeg

Last edited:
Painting is all prep and making sure you really get things as clean as possible. Use a good primer. The actual painting part is not difficult. Less is more when it comes to laying down even coats. Leave it out in the sun for a week before you do anything with it.

Had a shit ton of issues with a Sandisk 1.5 TB SD card on my GDEMU. It's the only one of that size on the market that I am aware of. Once I would fill up most of the card it would not boot.

Switched to a PNY 1tb and haven't had any issues since.

A few titles don't load here and there (mostly some of the Hacks make it to the game selection screen on the compilation disc but then dont load the game after you select the version (SF2 for matching serviice with 3do music hack for example) but I have a complete USA \ Japan \ Translated \ Euro Exclusives \ Etc. set ready to go as soon as I get my monitor working.

Sharp said both should be completed soon (Astro 2 and NNC monitor chassis) fingers crossed! As well as a custom PSU solution for my PRAS.

Hoping to have some of my cabs resurrected from the grave soon!

Next project is an LED conversion of my Astro 2 Marquee Light! I feel like the cab does not pop without it.

Oh and hoping to get my Lemony PSU adapter for my VF3 soon too!

Anyone know where to get these at a reasonable price? I have only seen them on eBay for very high prices.

1713340149073.png

Impulsively bought a Tekken 4 machine "as is untested". The other one I had seen on ebay that was tested and all that went for about $450. I got this for about $300 with shipping. Not sure how well I did.

This seller has 100 percent feedback so fingers crossed no major issues. Took a bit of a gamble. But prices on these games seem to keep going up so I went for it.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Impulsively bought a Tekken 4 machine "as is untested". The other one I had seen on ebay that was tested and all that went for about $450. I got this for about $300 with shipping. Not sure how well I did.

This seller has 100 percent feedback so fingers crossed no major issues. Took a bit of a gamble. But prices on these games seem to keep going up so I went for it.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg
I think you did well if it's working. I believe that's a System 246. Be careful not to get games that only work on 256, some won't work even on 246+ mode.
I been after a 246 as my 256 plays 246 games in a audio high pitched "chip munk" style. Not all games but Capcom Fight Jam is one.

I think you did well if it's working. I believe that's a System 246. Be careful not to get games that only work on 256, some won't work even on 246+ mode.
I been after a 246 as my 256 plays 246 games in an audio high pitched "chip munk" style. Not all games but Capcom Fight Jam is one.
Yeah I didn’t realize 256 was backwards compatible until after I bought the 246. But tekken 4 is the main game i want to play on it. Probably would try to get 256 in the future primarily for tekken 5.

What kind of psu does one use for a system 246?

Last edited:
It runa off the jamma edge through a System 2x6 i/o that you will need. Grab one off YAJ. Sometimes they even come up NOS.

Tekken 4 supports 31 khz right? Not sure what cab to put it in. Would kinda be cool in the blast if I could figure out how to have VF3 and Tekken 4 in there at the same time. I don't think any of my other monitors other than my NNC are tri sync.

I would hit up Lemony for the kick harness now so by the time you get the System 246 io You will be all set.

Just posting this here in case it is helpful for others. System 246 IO board.

1713765298766.png

Don't forget the kick harness! I believe @Lemony Vengeance
can make these.

Picked up an IO board from eBay. Comes with everything in that pic other than the kick harness like you mentioned. Will reach out to Lemony for the kick harness.

If I decide to put this in a JVS ready cab like my Blast or NNC I’d just do direct RCA and VGA connections right?

Or would I still need this IO board for some functions?

Do you know what the ribbon cable on the far right and the connector on the far left are for specifically in the picture above?

Picked up an IO board from eBay. Comes with everything in that pic other than the kick harness like you mentioned. Will reach out to Lemony for the kick harness.

If I decide to put this in a JVS ready cab like my Blast or NNC I’d just do direct RCA and VGA connections right?

Or would I still need this IO board for some functions?

Do you know what the ribbon cable on the far right and the connector on the far left are for specifically in the picture above?
I don't think I've ran any 2x6 System in a Blast but I would still use the io to ensure you're getting power to the system.

The ribbon cable I think is power to the cd rom drive or data. And the other is probably power. I can't recall but they're needed.

Back