What's new
Want To Buy

Maverick1978

Student
Reaction score
Hi folks... I'm looking for a few things on my Blast City (Sega Bass Fishing) build:

1. Jamma/JVS loom ( 600-7143-001 , aka 001 loom ) I know that Ken has these new, but at $200, it's a bit out of my budget atm. That's a fall-back, but it'll be awhile before I can afford that in the budget.
2. 5575 key and 2 locks. I have 2 locks. My cab is missing the lock on the CP, and the lock on the coin mechs is an after market. I'd be happy with even just a key if someone has a spare, but ideally, would like to restore the locks too if the price is right
3. the coin chute that routes coins from the CP to the coin mech (I couldn't make out the part on this from the manuals, sorry!) - I realize that this is a long shot and I'll likely have to try and DIY one, but hey...worth asking!

In lieu of an 001 loom, if anyone knows of a pinout for that loom, I'm not above crimping one up. I've not been able to find a full pinout of the loom, however.

This is my first cab, and it's not THAT far from getting up and running. My MS2931 chassis is getting repaired, and technically, all I really need is the jamma/jvs loom after the monitor is taken care of. I'm fast discovering that this is NOT the hobby to get into when you're on a limited budget, laugh... but it's fun :)

there are some keys on YAJ right now:
5575 key: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c598587589
5575 locks/key set: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m189703552

the 001 looms pop up on occasion but there doesn't seem to be any at the moment.

there is this though:
https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t511062890

would likely be pricey to ship ($40-$50 I'd guess?) if you don't need all the other stuff with it.

you might have luck finding the coin shoot there as well.
here's a search for "BLAST" in arcade if you want to check it regularly: http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/...0&fixed=0&ei=UTF-8&slider=0&auccat=2084047781

Wow. I would've never thought to have looked there. I've never purchased from Yahoo Japan. What's the recommended best/safest way to purchase there?

Thanks so much!

*edit - man, that auction with the ps looks like it has every bit of wiring from an entire cabinet. Its obviously got the jamma loom in there, but I can't tell if it's the 001 loom I'm after or the jamma-only loom. I'm tempted to go put the deposit in with smj to bid on that and hope I don't get bid up too high. I could actually use the Japanese ps, the loom, and maybe a few other bits and bobs that are in there, not to mention putting the unneeded bits up for sale locally to recoup some price..... Gotta figure out how heavy that ps is though. If I could walk away with that in the $200 range shipped, I would call it a win. And then try to chase the locks I'm after later, as those aren't an immediate need.

Last edited:
are there any people who import and sell blast city cabs or taito viewlix cabs to the states?

I'm sure that a group buy will probably happen again at some point. I'm new to this myself, but have read of it in the past. Ken at the Gameroom. Seems to import them for sale regularly too, if you're looking for a complete cab. I got this one bc it was relatively cheap and most important, local - the whole thing would be off if I had to freight it in. Budget here, unfortunately

sweet. Group buy for taito viewlix or blast city or both?

Bump.

Found an -001 loom on YAJ - YAY! Still need the coin chute - anyone happen to know if that thing has been modeled for 3d printing? I'm 4-6 weeks away from having a fully working, mostly restored Blast system - except for that pesky coin chute :)

Most of that is because I've been slow about getting the room ready that it's going in, laugh... 2 jobs, not alot of time :)

Did you get the cables you were after?

the PS and the loom are paid and should be here next week :)

Awesome! - Got an extra coin chute!? LOL

TBH, I'm not 100% sure where it goes or how it orients itself in there. I just know that when I drop a coin in my CP, the coin doesn't route through the CP to the coin mech cradle below. Not that I won't have anything I put in there on freeplay, but ultimately, I want a complete cab, so I need that!

Awesome! - Got an extra coin chute!? LOL

TBH, I'm not 100% sure where it goes or how it orients itself in there. I just know that when I drop a coin in my CP, the coin doesn't route through the CP to the coin mech cradle below. Not that I won't have anything I put in there on freeplay, but ultimately, I want a complete cab, so I need that!
I'm actually missing one on my new astro city! ...

Do you have one? - I think I saw in the 3d Print thread that someone had a 3D scanner. Perhaps we could get a few made and share costs while getting the design out to the community?

Do you have one? - I think I saw in the 3d Print thread that someone had a 3D scanner. Perhaps we could get a few made and share costs while getting the design out to the community?
most 3D scanners are absolute GARBAGE at reproducing parts. the exception are the professional grade ones that are in the $50K+ range, but even those are imperfect.

they're decent as making something that LOOKs like the thing you're scanning but they're very imprecise... so you could scan your friend and print out an action figure but in terms of a precision, it's not very good.

you'd be better off measuring and re-modeling the part. even then it may not be suitable for 3D printing depending on it's shape and my need to be redesigned for better 3D print quality.

if you have a picture I can tell you if it's viable for 3D printing.

Well dash my hopes, whydontcha? ;) - seriously, appreciate the input, as always. The only picture I've been able to find is a low-res poor one on giz10p - click.

the part in that picture could be 3D printed fairly well, but it's listed as a NAOMI cab coin chute.... I wouldn't think it's the same as the blast city since the coin chutes are in different locations.

Back