What's new

Funny_Dyzieks

Beginner
Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I recently got a Bootleg mk1 PCB that suffers from graphical glitches
20230514_210817.jpg

When i boot it up the mk splash screen and character portraits show fine, but the rest appears as a corrupted mess.
20230513_184237.jpg

20230513_184255.jpg

After checking the board i found that this plus153bn gets quite hot to the touch
20230514_210825.jpg

My question is:
Is there any way i can try to ""dump"" this PLD (i have a top3000) or better yet. Does anybody have the "Dump" of it?
Thank you very much

Attachments

• 20230514_210817.jpg
    20230514_210817.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 40
Hi!
This is MK Victor. Well worth saving!
I have one here but it's all soldered down so not easy to dump.

This board is totally not dumped i think , i see yours is all in socket... can you dump the ROM chips?
Mine is not in socket , including the roms. if you can dump them i can focus desoldering the PLD's instead :D

Is there any way i can try to ""dump"" this PLD (i have a top3000) or better yet. Does anybody have the "Dump" of it?

The PLU153 seems to be the same of PLS153 so you may try to dump it as PLS153.Anyway, I dont think your TOP3000 programmer support this device.

Hi!
This is MK Victor. Well worth saving!
I have one here but it's all soldered down so not easy to dump.

This board is totally not dumped i think , i see yours is all in socket... can you dump the ROM chips?
Mine is not in socket , including the roms. if you can dump them i can focus desoldering the PLD's instead :D
Hi!
Didn't know it wasn't dumped yet. recently i dumped the ROMS just in case.
They are untested right now, but when i fix the pcb, i'll make sure to test them.
some of the GAL and PAL chips are socketed too. I haven't messed a lot with that type of chip, so i'll try to dump them later too.

EDIT:link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M-5DgetNWK8nq8V6mbIneQqay6mrvQVU/view?usp=sharing

Nice! Seems the sound and program is 100% match of the original (explains why this bootleg runs well!)
The graphics will be combined somehow but it's nice to have this one verified, thanks :)

Getting the PLD's done will take a while but i'll make sure it gets done!

Nice! Seems the sound and program is 100% match of the original (explains why this bootleg runs well!)
The graphics will be combined somehow but it's nice to have this one verified, thanks :)

Getting the PLD's done will take a while but i'll make sure it gets done!
Sure!
Thanks for your help!!

Back