What's new
I extracted the directory to the GAMES folder and added a NAME file. When I try to flash it, I get an « operation failed » message and a black screen. I never updated the multi to the new decryption key method... what’s the obvious thing I forgot? Thanks!

Did you copy the contents of your card to your computer, reformat the card, then recopy all files back to the card?

I just copy/paste it on my existing SD, no additional NAME file added

Works just fine and shows the folder name in the display

conversion still has 2 bugs bit it's almost there...
One is on stage 6 about sprite priority and the other is after stage 3 where you can't die. Probably part of the protection.
This is simply amazing. I tested this one myself, and it worked, but I see more issues than the ones listed. Granted it's been ages since I played The Punisher on an actual arcade board, but some of these things definitely don't happen on the real hardware.

Right from the start you get flicker on some sprites. In the very first room, the barrel will flicker sometimes, as well as the potted plants. The first time you're outside, the metal drum sprite is being torn apart when you're moving forward. There's a lot of sprite tearing on potted plants throughout the game. The sprite priority issues are present in many stages as well.

Still, it's amazing the game works the way it does. If it wasn't for the invincibility from stage 3, this would be perfectly playable as is. The rest is just cosmetic details, which I would love to see getting fixed, of course, but I feel the invincibility is a priority if we want to actually play this.

Regardless, amazing and mind-blowing achievement. Kudos.

did some more playing and paid some more attention to details instead of just enjoying it :)

Indeed some minor sprite layer issues and flickering flower pots etc.
No biggie, perfectly playable.

IMG_2771.jpg
IMG_2774.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2773.jpg
    IMG_2773.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 134
If you like it, don't hesitate to make a donation :love:
^THAT^
I would happily commit to what I said I would pledge, but not for the status the project is in now.
Don't get me wrong, I truly respect the work which was put into this, but the whole initiative of this bounty was a perfect conversion right?

but the whole initiative of this bounty was a perfect conversion right?
Correct... At one point I suggested stretch goals, so contributeurs could potentially get something for their efforts even if it wasn't a completed ROM.
Perhaps the bounty should be split into milestones?

That way small advances could be made, getting us closer to that final goal...
While still being attractive to the skilled, but time limited hacker.

Might also be a way to award the confirmed progress already made by some of the above mentioned people?
This idea was rejected, so I based my pledges (which I intend to honor) accordingly.

As of today I've donated nothing, but it's not that I don't want to reward the work put into this.
That idea was shot down, the bounty was set for a perfect conversion... and well we just don't have that (yet).

Last edited by a moderator:
I see this as separate from the bounty. My bounty pledge still stands. but I've sent a small donation to neocps1 as a thank you for releasing this.
That's also how I viewed it, and how it seemed (to me) to be being presented from the start.

Thanks Neocps1!

Back