What's new
@AlxUnderBase, no this is the old and well known DAC reference (AD1868) but the design has been updated because said DAC was getting expensive.
I see plenty of alternatives for that DAC like the LC78820 from Sanyo but I'm not sure it would work by cross-reading the two datasheets.
For instance one latches the data on the falling edge of LL/LR while the other one uses a "word" latch configurable in 4 different modes and none matches the supposed behaviour of the AD1868.
But it could be me misinterpreting the documentation.
Also the bit usage (D9~17 = data, D6~8 = PWM, D0~5 = level shifter) with the LM78820 seems different from what the 054539 is able to send (16 bit PCM, 48kHz).
Even if it sounded right I would be worried about the spectral response (missing harmonics, lesser resolution, etc.).

Last edited:
Mystery solved:

1640873484636.png

Konami did use a LC78820 on the latest modules. Now back to the datasheet to understand how it can work.

I will be selling these ALMOST FULLY ASSEMBLED for $50

LAST CHANCE!!! I WILL INSTALL YOUR MODULE FOR FREE IF YOU SEND YOUR PCB TO ME AND PAY FOR RETURN SHIPPING!!!!! OFFER ENDS 9/1/21!!

IF YOU ARE IN EUROPE THEN PLEASE CONTACT @caius TO PURCHASE (his pricing and services will be slightly different)

You will need to harvest the ASIC from your existing sound module and solder it to this brand-new module. There is a small chance the ASIC is what was bad on your module and currently there is no way to reproduce the ASIC. If you need me to install it for you I can for a fee. Just contact me via PM

I am offering the female headers as an option for an additional $5. This will allow you to plug and uplug the module instead of hard soldering it to the pcb. This is good in case you need to do future repairs. You simply solder these headers into your pcb and then just plug the module into the headers.

4uGp3k9.jpg

tZH2S14.jpg

BFfM0nt.jpg

fcoHIzw.jpg

We are selling two module reproductions. They are listed below with the games they are used with.

X-men
Xexex

054986A

Lethal Enforcers
GI Joe
Metamorphic Force
Run N Gun
Premiere Soccer
Bucky O'hare
Violent Storm
Monster Maulers
Cowboys of Moo-Mesa
Martial Champions
Gaiapolis
Mystic Warriors

There is also a 056747 module out there that is fully compatible with the 054986A module.
Do you still have any of the 054986A chips available?

what would you charge to install the replacement chip on the pcb (which I would send)?

If you don't buy it from me I will install for $50 plus return shipping.

ok great. (sorry for the late reply) Im fine just buying it from you and sending you my pcb to do the swap/install. What would the total be (prior to the return shipping)? And what is the shipping address for me to ship the PCB?

Back