What's new
CPS1 has a lot of tricky, protection related problems to tackle:

Mapping of graphics roms are controlled by a PAL/GAL which vary per game.

If you look my videos of the Daimakaimura game you will notice the sprites are screwed up on my game, that's because the sprites data are being put on a wrong position of the GFX roms memory space.

Mapping of graphic registers on CPS1 games are different per game (as per different CPS-B chip types and also extra protections like reading the chip ID register and multiply check. Also there's a PAL which set the CPS-B chip register base address for the CPS-B chip. Finally, a few select games use odd memory maps (again set by a differently programmed PAL chip).

I have the impression that this French B board MCU patches the roms as they are loaded into the board. A CPS1 multigame would be a lot trickier to make than a CPS2 one, due to the fact that CPS2 games don't need much patching, just decryption to work in it.

CPS1 has a lot of tricky, protection related problems to tackle:Mapping of graphics roms are controlled by a PAL/GAL which vary per game.If you look my videos of the Daimakaimura game you will notice the sprites are screwed up on my game, that's because the sprites data are being put on a wrong position of the GFX roms memory space.Mapping of graphic registers on CPS1 games are different per game (as per different CPS-B chip types and also extra protections like reading the chip ID register and multiply check. Also there's a PAL which set the CPS-B chip register base address for the CPS-B chip. Finally, a few select games use odd memory maps (again set by a differently programmed PAL chip).I have the impression that this French B board MCU patches the roms as they are loaded into the board. A CPS1 multigame would be a lot trickier to make than a CPS2 one, due to the fact that CPS2 games don't need much patching, just decryption to work in it.
im sure to some degree its possible

after all we did see the 18in 1 CPS2 multiPCB and before that one the 14in1 PCPS1 MultiPCbs

they must have been doing something to make those games work

Well to echo the thoughts of others - a CPS1 multi solution would be really cool and something I would be interested in. I have 2 CPS1 boards a Final Fight and SF2 CE. Punisher was so much fun back in the day at the corner store close to my grade school.

Punisher has Q-SOUND. That make the things a little ... Complex.

That's why some people are trying to make it run on a CPS2.

Ugh. Google translate leaves much to be desired on that Neo Arcadia link. If he's dealing with Europeans only we should be able to find someone to order at least one or two and ship them over the pond. Hell, I've got a Scottish friend who would do basically anything for me... But I think I need a native french speaker to translate that site.

He sells to french only! or did it change? i am in germany and he told me france only.

Yes, that's how it is. He made 20 pcs and will be doing 20 more in the future.

hopefully he will sell to europe soon. i already bought a cps1 board for that project :)

i cant find the 14-in-1 anywhere, would take that too.

the seller writes its a rainbow edition and picture is only for example. i wrote him a pm, thanks for the link

Thanks, just bought it. :)

Still hope to get the french CPS1 Multigame or COS1 on CPS2 hardware in the future.

I think the 230$ he is asking for the 14-in-1 is reasonable... IF the games worked well and are correct region that is!

I know myself, and I suspect I would be angered by Red Wave's inclusion (broken bootleg trash).
Also playing Super Pang, and not Super Buster Brothers (basically just a title screen I know) would bother me.

This is why I've lusted for a real MVS multi for years, the x-in-1 carts are loaded with bootleg trash...
Altered default settings, and even sometimes totally bugged unplayable games (Garou on the 161).

last time I checked, the frenchman only sold the multigame board to french residents (not just Europe).

If it's Europe then I would for sure consider getting one :)

Well, that's a pretty crappy limitation to put on people. As if the US is Nigeria or something...
you have obviously not seen the opinions people in the US arcade scene have for the French and Italians ;)
The only negatives I've heard about in the US arcade scene have been about the Italian MAIL system. Evidently LOTS of stuff goes missing...
Italy and france both have a lot of "LOST" mail. They also share a LOT of bootleggers, especially when it comes to Neo Geo carts.
This. I don't think I ever purchased anything from France. I wouldn't even purchase a common under $100 cart from them. Don't trust'um.

Well, that's a pretty crappy limitation to put on people. As if the US is Nigeria or something...
you have obviously not seen the opinions people in the US arcade scene have for the French and Italians ;)
The only negatives I've heard about in the US arcade scene have been about the Italian MAIL system. Evidently LOTS of stuff goes missing...
Italy and france both have a lot of "LOST" mail. They also share a LOT of bootleggers, especially when it comes to Neo Geo carts.
This. I don't think I ever purchased anything from France. I wouldn't even purchase a common under $100 cart from them. Don't trust'um.
You're right to do. I live in France and try to avoid as much as possible to buy from France. And from Italy too.

Back