What's new

Tonybolony

Professional
Reaction score
My marvel V Street Fighter which has an Infinikey inside it , has been working ok, but today it wont boot
I get either a Blue Screen a red screen or just a black screen, i have removed the EXEC5 as i noticed on some threads but still its not playing out

Help Please :(

Did something happen to the A or B Board? Double check that they make proper contact and fit properly. If you have another A or B Board, that's the next thing I'd try.

Cheers.

no it just been in my cab, i have since taken it apart to try make sure on the fit , but its still the same , the A board comes on and fan it then a black screen , flashes to red back to black then red

and now its stayed on red, i dont have another A board unfortunately

i have some 750ohms resistors is it worth trying one where the EXEC5 was ?

i have some 750ohms resistors is it worth trying one where the EXEC5 was ?
No, in order to reset the keys inside the encryption system, you need to short it, with the power off, of course, for about 5-10 seconds. That's it.

Try loading a game that is not encrypted and let us know how it goes.

Cheers.

No, in order to reset the keys inside the encryption system, you need to short it, with the power off, of course, for about 5-10 seconds. That's it.

Try loading a game that is not encrypted and let us know how it goes.

Cheers.
I think he’s talking about an OG MvSF that has an Infinikey… 🤔

I think he’s talking about an OG MvSF that has an Infinikey… 🤔
Yes, that's what I understood, but my suggestions, I think are still valid. Check A+B connection and double check that infinikey running games that don't need key injection, maybe just remove the infinikey or disable it and run such a game. Those are the ones where the keys are full of 0xFFFFFFF

i try burn another MVSF what type of eproms do i need please , am new to this part

so without been a noob i found these roms that are Phoenix

mvs_d.05a
mvs_d.03d
mvs_d04d

so am i right these replace eproms no 5 , 4 and 3?

ok so i did as you said , burned a set of phoenix roms , and we had life and it worked , then tried it next day and we are back to a black screen , i could cry!!

most probably reason, if yours A and B PCBs didn't get disconnected a bit, is that you need to shortcut the EXC5 again. If none of that works, you may have some issues with your A or B board.

ok i give that another try want to resolve it to then be sure all works to get a DS CPS2 set :)

Infinikey injects keys every time you boot and was probably the cause of your problems.

Back