What's new

ThisGuy

Professional
Reaction score
Ive been trying to get netbooting with a pi working on my chihiro. The game will boot and run fine but after about 1 minute it will reset and give me an error 33. I bought the PIC from member here and even bought 2 of them. Both PIC chips give me the same error. Ive tried with a few different images for the pi too and all give me the error 33. Am I missing something. Does anyone have any ideas on how I get fix this error 33?

When I was getting my netdimm set up on Naomi, I tried 1 pic I bought, 3 I burned myself. None would work. Turns out the fix was to insert a pic all the way, then slightly pull it out. My socket wasn't making a good connection with all the pins of the pic.

When I was getting my netdimm set up on Naomi, I tried 1 pic I bought, 3 I burned myself. None would work. Turns out the fix was to insert a pic all the way, then slightly pull it out. My socket wasn't making a good connection with all the pins of the pic.
I just tried this a few times pulling it out different amounts and still get the same error 33

There are hex files floating around where one works with NAOMI and one works with Chihiro/Triforce. Do you know if you've got one that was confirmed to work with Chihiro?

There are hex files floating around where one works with NAOMI and one works with Chihiro/Triforce. Do you know if you've got one that was confirmed to work with Chihiro?
Yes I was told it was definitely for chihiro

I have the same issue! I am using a PIC from a forum member as well that is supposed to be for Chiriro. I also don’t know where to turn and don’t know where to buy a Chihiro/Triforce PIC at this point. Very frustrating...it happens exactly at one minute. Otherwise it loads and works fine. I hope someone can help with this issue!

I recall having similar issues when I started netbooting on Chihiro. I have a rom burner that's compatible with these PIC chips, though, so was able to experiment with different options until it worked. For me it isn't just a matter of loading up a hex file and burning. I have to load it up, and set some configuration options, such as oscillator.

Maybe if you purchased them from a member, you can work with that member on a remedy to get a working replacement?

I had this issue - even with the proper PIC - and my issue was the region setting.

Is the region of your Chihiro and the region of your game the same?

Matt

I had this issue - even with the proper PIC - and my issue was the region setting.

Is the region of your Chihiro and the region of your game the same?

Matt
I am using image from here. I have export FW according to system information and using export region game. Although I did notice that when I go to system information I can not get to change the region no matter how many times I press the service button. I get the game code to pop up but never the region select.

Are you using the latest firmware that is the sticky on the forum? Your firmware version should be 4.00.

What game are you trying to play? Or does this happen with all of them?

Are you using the latest firmware that is the sticky on the forum? Your firmware version should be 4.00.

What game are you trying to play? Or does this happen with all of them?
I am using the firmware from here that added support for CF.
I am trying to play WMMT1/2 now but it has also happened with OR2
00AD5F06-7040-4970-9B17-B4E49D4B94F0.jpeg

ok - WMMT1/2 is exactly what I was using as well... and those are my images...

I can only guess/assume that your PIC isn't working properly.

There are some security pic's that work on chihiro / triforce 1 but not on model 3.
I seem to remember that the problem was the oscillator setting.
The type 3 uses a different one and it doesn't work with a setting that works on the type 1.

A lot of device programmers have a separate setting for the security pic configuration. It's not included in the binary so it's easy to misconfigure.

A lot of device programmers have a separate setting for the security pic configuration. It's not included in the binary so it's easy to misconfigure.
This ended up being my issue most times in the beginning. I can't just take a known working pic, read it in, and write a new one. The configuration does not get read in and has to be set manually.

The ones that I have made for my Type 3 - I had to set the Oscillator to "HS" I believe. I will validate tonite.

Try netbooting with a computer and a script that responds to the keep alive. I think that might tell you if the pic is bad or not.

Although I did notice that when I go to system information I can not get to change the region no matter how many times I press the service button. I get the game code to pop up but never the region select.
This is also PIC related. You need a working PIC for region change.

I just got my new PICs in. I got them this time from @mathewbeall. My chihiro no longer gives an error 33 after 1 minute of being on. Also I can now change the region when in system settings. I guess its safe to say that all my problems were from bad PICs.

Thank you everyone for your help

Last edited:
Back