What's new

terminator2k2

Student
Reaction score
hi there, ive got a chihiro type 3 on the way and am in the process of reading "how to's " etc....

so my first question is the games.....how/what is the process of putting the games on ssd or compact flash?

ive downloaded a 1 gb and a 512mb version of outrun 2 sp and once ive extracted it , its in a .bin format....

another thing will i need a zero key pic?

I'll let others speak about CF/SSD since I netboot, but AFAIK you'll have to get netbooting working in order to flash the darksoft firmware that lets you use unofficial CF/SSD.

The 1GB or 512MB versions of games depend on how your Chihiro is configured and how much RAM is installed. Use the one that matches your system.

Last edited:
Like winteriscoming said, you need the good firmware installed.
In hardware side, you need a IDE to CF adapter with a power cable.
For your bin file, use the tool to flash it on a CF. I don't know if we're allowed to post it here. I think it doesn't work under Windows 10.

thanks for the replies...i did pm darksoft yesterday as i know they used to sell the ssd kit for the chihiro.....he said ask in a thread how its done as i will need a tool from a site, but when i go there , i cant find it , only links to a picture with a cf adatper and some other stuff....

i know i need to netboot the firmware to the chihiro and have downloaded the firmware darksoft posted in this thread:

CHIHIRO TYPE 3: New Firmware !

cheers darksoft.....thats where i got the naomi cf programme from.....

just need the chihiro to turn up now , then i can give it a go.....

right so im getting there i think......

i take it i will need a zero pic key for the chihiro for this to work aswell.....

any one know of a seller? (or shouldnt i be asking this)

OutRun 2 SP running from compact flash card, using a chihiro zero key...Thanks to DarkSoft + Mitsurugi-w for the chihiro Firmware and links on how to put the games on Compact Flash cards....

Happy new year to all.....

Back