What's new

Shinsengumi

Student
Reaction score
Heya folks!

I could not seem to find an answer as to what to type of IDE interface is on the Chihiro type 3 mobo...

I currently have an ide2cf adapter in my OR2 with a Lexar pro 133x and it boots pretty quickly compared to the GD-rom, but have been curious if I could actually benefit from faster CF cards...
1649612639525.png

Anyone know perhaps?

Thanks in advance!

So how does that ide card work?
You copy the .bin file on the fat32 formated card? What about the jumpers on the chihiro? Configured as gdrom or netboot?

You can put a ssd drive as well

Thanks

You can use an SSD but the difference is minimal.

Attachments

• PXL_20220403_194454316.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20220403_194454316.NIGHT.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 63
Was fairly straight forward... jumper had to be changed to netboot the latest Chihiro type3 firmware, but then changed it back to gd-rom to use CF.

1st adapter did not work, but the one in the pic works great. I'm using this setup in my OR2 twin cabs, so I did have to re-encrypt the game to the specific OR2 key before writing it to CF and then rename the boot file on the CF to the correct name my OR2 key is looking for.

@Shinsengumi

Oh, that's interesting. If you ever want to write a short tutorial on how to do that, I would certainly appreciate it. Like what you use to re-encrypt the game file and how you find out the boot file the original key is looking for.

I have a pair of F-Zeros I have booting from CF, but I'm using decrypted game files and zero keys.

@nem

I can probably put something together. I actually am in the middle of converting my Ghost Squad UR to run off CF, so will try and take pics and document it!
1649717587202.png

And yes, one of the guns was left upside down.... kids :P

Last edited:
Back