What's new
Quick Question: When you do the firmware update, do you do it through Wi-Pi or CF-Adapter, or hook up a PC and run the netbooter.exe ? What's the most straight-forward way of doing it? (I think Wi-Pi only has support for Net-Dimm Boards, which this would not cover) Something which could possibly be changed ;)

The majority of Type-3 machines have a net board in them. You'd transfer it to the machine in w/e method you want, transfergame.exe, etc.

Quick Question: When you do the firmware update, do you do it through Wi-Pi or CF-Adapter, or hook up a PC and run the netbooter.exe ? What's the most straight-forward way of doing it? (I think Wi-Pi only has support for Net-Dimm Boards, which this would not cover) Something which could possibly be changed ;)

You can use the wi-pi and temporarily rename the firmware.bin with the name of a game.bin and load that "game"

Worked as described, I did have to take the bin after renaming it to one of the games for Chihiro that I wasn't going to play (and I renamed the existing game to .old, so I could set it back once done). After which I had to use 7Zip to make it .bin.gz to make a gzip package... so it would fall in like with what the Wi-Pi expected...

Hello all,

Sorry I wanted to ask, I have problem with Chihiro Type 3, I tried netbooting to upgrade the Firmware, but when doing so the Chihiro rebooted about 2 times then ended up with Error 31 and no change in system information. is there something wrong with the steps I've done? Thanks before

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 16.08.08_50af397f.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 16.08.08_50af397f.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 51
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 16.08.09_01b3dd0f.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 16.08.09_01b3dd0f.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 50
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 16.08.07_e70f7609.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-15 at 16.08.07_e70f7609.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 54
On all Chihiro net-dimm supported games ? I remember seeing something like this on some of them like the gundam games as they need a specific board to run, due to the analog inputs.

On all Chihiro net-dimm supported games ? I remember seeing something like this on some of them like the gundam games as they need a specific board to run, due to the analog inputs.
Gundams biggest blocker is it expects a specific netfirm revision that hasn't been archived. I ended up editing the game to just check the latest (plus a custom kernel, wont work on any public even hacked).

Attachments

• gundam.png
    gundam.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 54
Back