What's new

SMD88

Student
Reaction score
I receieved a Clutch Hitter board today. I read an old thread about this exact topic, and it said that Moonwalker used the same ROM board.

I have already converted a Bloxeed to Moonwalker, but wanted to check that this information is correct. The CH motherboard is actually a Moonwalker motherboard, so it seems that it was converted to CH somewhere along its life, what a waste.

But anyway, I figured that if I put the MW ROMs on the CH ROM board, I will then have the Bloxeed board to convert to something else as I am sure that some games are not compatible with the newer ROM board.

The only other S18 I would be intetested in would be D.D CREW. Does it work on the Bloxeed ROM board? Or, I could do Hammer Away, but I think it only works on the newer ROM board?

Are the ROM placements for MW the same on both ROM boards?

Apocalypse made a ROM set for Moonwalker that will get the game working on any System 18 ROM board. I can send you the ROM set along with installation instructions for the EPROMs - shoot me a PM.

I realised that I had thd wrong A5 and A6 ROMs on the Bloxeed ROM board when I first tried Moonwalker.

Put the proper Jp set A5 and A6 on the Clutch Hitter ROM board, following the guide that ShootTheCore was kind enough to give me and it worked!🤘

But, the graphics are mojorly messed up and many parts of the music are missing, as well speech of the kids and other sound fx. This is still using the MCU as the Top3001 I bought along with these ROMs from buyicnow was DOD.

There is ALOT of corrosion on all the 27C210015-D ROM legs, I have just been trying to clean them up with some deoxit. I am hoping that will help the issues. Once I get a damn Top3000 that works, I can burn those non-MCU chips 👍 Does it not work on the later ROM board without the non-MCU ROMs? I was not sure if those hacks also re-mapped the ROMs for the CH board or not.

I am going to try the Top3100 on a different laptop today to see if it works before ordering another. I got a refund for the one I have.

The ROM set I gave you should not have an MCU installed on the board at all. Remove it and see if that fixes the graphics glitches.

The ROM set I gave you should not have an MCU installed on the board at all. Remove it and see if that fixes the graphics glitches.
At the moment, I have a full Jp set on the board with the 2 XEPR ROMs and the MCU. I will burn the correct no MCU set if I ever get a working programmer X(

Back