What's new

NFGx

Professional
Reaction score
I recently borrowed a 3D printer and whipped up some joystick adaptors for my control panels, and then I wanted to do something about the credit input problem. Drilling holes or repurposing buttons didn't appeal to me, so I designed a new thingus. It has a snap-in microswitch 'pocket' and mounts to the existing coin door hardware in either a New Astro City or Super Neo 29 Candy (and probably many others besides).

The microswitches I used were pulled from an old Seimitsu LS-40 stick, but any switch with a similar lever should work fine. Just run the wires to the existing coin switch and you're done.

The SNK version is attached to the coin door, held in place by the reject shaft mechanism. The Sega version uses two screws on the coin mech housing. Both files are in the ZIP attached to this post.

* The NAC version still says SNK on it in this photo. The STL file says SEGA as it should.

Attachments

• NAC-coin-thingus-2.jpg
    NAC-coin-thingus-2.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 65
  • NAC-coin-thingus-1.jpg
    NAC-coin-thingus-1.jpg
    606.8 KB · Views: 59
  • CoinThingus_SNK_2.jpg
    CoinThingus_SNK_2.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 65
  • CoinThingus_SNK.jpg
    CoinThingus_SNK.jpg
    642.8 KB · Views: 61
  • SegaSNK_Coin_Rejects.zip
    39.6 KB · Views: 33
Real slick looking with the SNK door. Would this work with a US slot Neo Geo cabinet?

Real slick looking with the SNK door. Would this work with a US slot Neo Geo cabinet?
Thanks!

I have no idea what that looks like inside. Coin mechs are fairly universal in how they reject coins, so if it's attached to a door with the reject shaft in a similar spot, it might fit? I can't help more with something I've never seen, sorry.

No worries, that thought crosses my mind not long after posting.

Back