What's new
Mark your items as sold
who might this user be?
let the truth be told

Who else has sold six CPS3 multis in a year? Nobody else is flipping ODEs for five times the price either...

(sorry not going to say the name; been banned for a week once already over calling them out)

you give me too much power...covid 19 is it me too? I am not gordon gekko I cant manipulate the market.

Stop virtual signaling about the current market rate of things..put yours for sale at the $600 range.

exatly (if I undesrtand) the only way to bearish market is to break price.

For games like this, it kinda depends. Games like ST and 3S tend to retain their value because theres still active communities that are playing the games locally in tournaments. While covid has obviously slowed that down, any TO that wants to further support the game/their community will more than likely eventually get into real arcade hardware over the ports that have almost always been lacking or shotty at best- especially for games like 3S where the average "high-level" player will be very quick to tell you that they can't hit their confirms unless it's on a real board on a CRT.Once had a dude at a local legit tell me he couldn't hit his confirms (while playing on a real board on a crt, mind you) because they had to play with their controller in their lap...which wasn't the average height/position of a VS city control panel. Some of these old-head players are REAL SERIOUS about their games/equipment; it genuinely gets silly sometimes and the price matches the attitudes :rolleyes: lol
Reminds of guitar players who seem to think they need a custom shop Les Paul and a Marshall half stack to sound great, meanwhile there's a kid on Youtube with a Chinese knockoff guitar and a solid state practice amp that can play circles around them.
I think what makes a great player is to be able to adapt to different situations and environments. If everything has to be lined up perfect for someone to win, then they aren't as good as they think they are. Imagine if professional sports teams said "You only won because we weren't playing at my stadium!!!".
for stuff like the guy with the candy cab height crap, I 3000% agree. For general hardware, I gotta (sadly) disagree. I think you can pick up the game and learn it just fine on any of the more recent home ports, but when you start taking the game more seriously and start playing in local tournaments, a real board and a crt has to be the bear minimum. Obviously you don't HAVE to take it seriously to enter tournaments and such; but people find their fun in things any which way they please. Even I've been trying to advocate for more people to go for the hdmi mod to eventually future proof the scene for whenever crts aren't a thing anymore, but the issue in a nutshell is that none of the home ports or emulation solutions have been able to perfectly match the timing/speed of the original board, so the original hardware from a game play perspective just can't be substituted for anything else just yet.

To compare it to your analogy, it would be like learning guitar and all of your chords on a junker just fine, but it always eternally has one string out of tune. You might be able to make it sound good in your garage, but you're proooobably gonna wanna upgrade before you start playing at local gigs or on stage somewhere.

My guess is the peak value will come when those who grew up with the games have the most money.
we got another 20 to 30 years to go?
For games like this, it kinda depends. Games like ST and 3S tend to retain their value because theres still active communities that are playing the games locally in tournaments. While covid has obviously slowed that down, any TO that wants to further support the game/their community will more than likely eventually get into real arcade hardware over the ports that have almost always been lacking or shotty at best- especially for games like 3S where the average "high-level" player will be very quick to tell you that they can't hit their confirms unless it's on a real board on a CRT.Once had a dude at a local legit tell me he couldn't hit his confirms (while playing on a real board on a crt, mind you) because they had to play with their controller in their lap...which wasn't the average height/position of a VS city control panel. Some of these old-head players are REAL SERIOUS about th
Reminds of guitar players who seem to think they need a custom shop Les Paul and a Marshall half stack to sound great, meanwhile there's a kid on Youtube with a Chinese knockoff guitar and a solid state practice amp that can play circles around them.
I think what makes a great player is to be able to adapt to different situations and environments. If everything has to be lined up perfect for someone to win, then they aren't as good as they think they are. Imagine if professional sports teams said "You only won because we weren't playing at my stadium!!!".
This argument has never made sense to me because:
  1. It's a video game. We CAN control the variables. A good version of the game exists.
  2. Different ports of the game are literally different games. There has not been any exact 1 to 1 port of the game. Even the 3rd Strike crew I hang out with (that compete nationally and made top 8 at last year's Jazzy Circuit finals) doesn't play on 30th because even after v-sync and everything is turned off there is still 6 frames of lag of inherent lag the port has on PS4.
  3. You don't want variables in competition

im not a pro or competetive by any means...but i do like street fighter and have played a fair amount since i was a kid...

with that being said...ive never played anything that has felt as good as the CPS2/CPS3...

it sucks that prices are going up...but in my opinion it is still worth it...im happy i got my gear when i got it...hopefully ports become 1:1 and prices go down

You know how much @Derick2k sold me a kit for a few months ago???? $650 shipped. Yeah, he could have said $1k....like him, there are some people on this forum which I will not sell at market value just because..prices are what they are but don’t forget that along the way you might need help and most likely someone might be able to help you out if you are not an a**

Back