What's new

Escher

Student
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

As of the 13th of last month, I am a computer engineering graduate from Virginia Tech and a 2nd Lt. in the US Air Force. While I'm waiting for my EAD date, I'm hanging at home and working a software engineering internship for some spending money.

I'm from central Virginia, born and raised. I kind of define my life by doing things on a whim and trying a bit of everything. Some of the more memorable things I've done are driving round trip with a good friend to Vegas to play poker for a week, skiing Mont Tremblant in Québec, taking the Amtrak with the same friend to New York to see Book of Mormon and barhop, horseback riding the battlefield of Gettysburg,and building a poker table to use for home games.

Poker is one of my biggest hobbies. I started about 4 years ago, and have just in the past year begun to take it seriously. Up ~$2,000 this month!

In the meantime, I'm starting on a project which I've been planning for a few months now. I've wanted to put my computer/electrical engineering skills to the test, so I'm designing and building a custom JVS-compliant arcade cabinet and game from the ground up. This means designing and having manufactured PCBs for the I/O board and cartridge. Because I'm using the standard, and custom cartridges, I can create any number of games or even use existing ones.

At the moment I'm in the design stages, but you can view my progress here.

Hope to get to know some interesting people!

Welcome fellow Hokie:) welcome and looking forward to seeing your project.

Back