What's new
Yeah that's fine. I have a number of ones that doesn't have Capcom on the silkscreen

All that matters is they work :D
I think that the 2 128mb modules do not finish the mem test. I am wondering if I can remove thye mem chips from other modules, anbd use them on failing 128mb module to get at least one working (since i got a working 128mb)

Just to confirm - there's no version of the Ultra BIOS that defaults to a specific region (e.g. USA), is there?

Are the Super BIOS or "look original" BIOSes bugfixed from the input navigation glitch in the Darksoft menus that the older Super BIOS has? That bug is annoying enough that I'd rather deal with region select.

Thanks!

I think that the 2 128mb modules do not finish the mem test. I am wondering if I can remove thye mem chips from other modules, anbd use them on failing 128mb module to get at least one working (since i got a working 128mb)

Yes, as long as you're sure the other chips are working, this will work. They're all the same regardless of the module size, but make sure you use the chips with the correct orientation as appropriate; e.g. use the REVERSE pinout chip if you're replacing one with a reverse pinout.

You also can't swap Hitachi chips in for Fujitsu as they are different size and pinout.

We do have auto-boot to region versions of the ultrabios but we just haven't taken the time to publicly release them.

Every version of the ultrabios has the cursor glitch fixed.

Back