What's new
P1070384.JPG

Does the system even use this chip if you're doing mono off the JAMMA edge?

Cool thanks for clarifying. I'll keep the FPGA though, would rather the real Q chips go to someone who will get the full enjoyment of them (I am not even that big into the 1.5 games to be honest)

Yes for 1.5 games (even mono from the edge) no for 1.0 games.
If any FPGA owners are looking to trade I believe @MostroVeneno is looking.
Yeah, just for researching interest, if you recall I said I really preferred the Q-sound but I'm really fond of getting one if Darksoft/ Mitsu can provide the FPGA pcb like any other addons, I would love to buy one or two.

Got my multi today. Super disappointed to see the FPGA version in there. Wish an unpopulated qsound pcb was an option so that I could obtain the chip and populate the pcb myself.

Got my multi today. Super disappointed to see the FPGA version in there. Wish an unpopulated qsound pcb was an option so that I could obtain the chip and populate the pcb myself.
out of curiosity when did you order yours?

Can we purchase that FPGA board by itself? I have a Q-sound board, but I was thinking if it were to die I’d replace it with an FPGA clone rather than find another donor Q-Sound chip.

Last edited:
It will be an option and we will offer them soon. You wont notice the difference, because we spent hundreds of hours to make sure it behaves 100% like the original, but if that's what you want, we try to make everyone happy.

Has anyone tried ordering q sound from here
https://www.abc-semi.com/products/701/DL1425.html

https://www.utsource.net/itm/p/9471344.html

I'm actually quite annoyed. I only pre ordered back in February as it was supposedly a "lottery" on the q sound and worth the gamble.

I appreciate the monster effort to get the fpga solution and 99.999% of people will not care however I feel I was lied to here.
We got all the Qsounds from refurbishing sources. There are no more in the market. We asked everyone we knew.

Back