What's new
Just want to make sure that everybody is aware that we will be offering empty Sound PCBs in case people want to plug there a 30 year old Qsound. I believe that none of the distributors have any more Qsounds left anymore.
Honestly this topic has been over exagerated in my opinion. The whole system is 100% CPS1, only one chip is implemented in a FPGA, simply because it's not available in the market, it's a 30 year old niche chip. Just one chip, the rest of the multi is 100% original, including those A-01 that fail more often than anything else. I'm considering taking the 2 chips to an audio studio so that they can make an independent analysys for you guys and I can finally convince you that having an FPGA is at least as good. I say at least, because the chips consume less and are brand new and we are just replacing ONE chip, not the whole system.
I hope this makes sense.

Just want to make sure that everybody is aware that we will be offering empty Sound PCBs in case people want to plug there a 30 year old Qsound. I believe that none of the distributors have any more Qsounds left anymore.
Honestly this topic has been over exagerated in my opinion. The whole system is 100% CPS1, only one chip is implemented in a FPGA, simply because it's not available in the market, it's a 30 year old niche chip. Just one chip, the rest of the multi is 100% original, including those A-01 that fail more often than anything else. I'm considering taking the 2 chips to an audio studio so that they can make an independent analysys for you guys and I can finally convince you that having an FPGA is at least as good. I say at least, because the chips consume less and are brand new and we are just replacing ONE chip, not the whole system.
I hope this makes sense.
This is what I wanted and will make me super happy to have an OPTION to have a an unpopulated pcb that I can populate with a chip that I already have. Thanks for offering this option.

This is what I wanted and will make me super happy to have an OPTION to have a an unpopulated pcb that I can populate with a chip that I already have. Thanks for offering this option.
In case you haven't noticed we try our best to make everyone happy. It's complicated sometimes, but we do out best. Also this multi is the result if 2 years of work. Awesome was never good enough for us, we had to do it incredibly awesome :thumbup:

In case you haven't noticed we try our best to make everyone happy. It's complicated sometimes, but we do out best. Also this multi is the result if 2 years of work. Awesome was never good enough for us, we had to do it incredibly awesome :thumbup:
This is why we buy your kits even though we have a Mister FPGA to play most of this stuff because we want the real hardware as much as possible and less of custom FPGA interpretations. Hopefully, the unpopulated PCB can be made available soon for purchase. Will they be available from the distributors or directly through you?

Thanks for accommodating our requests.

This is why we buy your kits even though we have a Mister FPGA to play most of this stuff because we want the real hardware as much as possible and less of custom FPGA interpretations. Hopefully, the unpopulated PCB can be made available soon for purchase. Will they be available from the distributors or directly through you?

Thanks for accommodating our requests.

hopefully someone on the forum will offer a service for removing and installing the Q-Sound chip on a board. I know I have a "dead" CPS2 board with a Q-Sound chip waiting to be harvested.

Just got it installed and it's working flawlessly. Extreme props to all involved. Despite being the FPGA version, I never had to explicitly seek out qsound.bin and place it seperately on my SD card as stated in the manual, for either qsound or non-qsound games to work (with sound). I guess it pulls it from the ROM packs or it is already programmed. Unless I misunderstand the manual and it just means to make sure your qsound games have their corresponding qsound ROMs; e.g "qsound.07", etc.

Note to whoever makes the ROM packs, (092)pang3j is actually the Euro version (on all dated versions including 5/24). It also has super slow bubble movement, but that may be a consequece of dips being set on a game that uses flash memory settings, have to play with it more.

Maybe scrub the Altera text off the chip and print QSound on there @Darksoft ;)
I was honestly hoping that's what the surprise would be.

Then reveal it later on down the line when everyone was gushing over how amazing it is having the original Q-Sound chip.

This may already be covered but I didn't find anything with a search. I apologize if asked and answered already.

Is there a way to play forgotten worlds without the spinner on this multi? Is there a hacked ROM?

Edit: there must be a ROM somewhere because the lydz multi has Lost Worlds that supports using buttons instead of spinner.

Last edited:
This may already be covered but I didn't find anything with a search. I apologize if asked and answered already.

Is there a way to play forgotten worlds without the spinner on this multi? Is there a hacked ROM?

Edit: there must be a ROM somewhere because the lydz multi has Lost Worlds that supports using buttons instead of spinner.
The hacked Forgotton Realms ROMs for button aiming are Number 203-212 in the latest ROM set.

Back