What's new
Thank you, idk what multipack I got previously from archive but it was not the right ones. These work great.

Does FFAE require a different way to get 3P than the other games? That's the only thing that I can't seem to get working. I saw that on a real board they grab the 3P inputs from somewhere else but unsure how that equates to the multi.

2. Is the Forgotten Worlds hack that lets you use buttons 2 and 3 to turn on there?
Replying to you again because I read what you said a second time. Yes, that hack is there. For some reason I thought you were asking if there was a hack that allows you to use buttons 1 & 3 to turn, Genesis/MD port style, which is what I was wondering

Can confirm about FW button hack being on the multipacks and it works great. And yeah just B2&3 for that player now control spinning (also like the TG16CD port, haha!)

Hmm, for Final Fight AE, my 3P Start and Coin that work with the other CPS1 multi games on are not working for 3P on FFAE. Playing on a 4P cab with a CPS1 harness spliced in. All other games work great with 3P/4P.

Still stumped there. I re-read the FFAE project page and on a board they grab 3P inputs from the C Board? But I read someone in here with a Supergun having no prob with their 3P FFAE setup.

Could dip switches affect FFAE? Like captain Commando only works in 4P with specific dip switches

If anyone has any insight on FFAE 3P please share, thanks!

I plugged the 3P/4P connectors into the darksoft B board itself instead of the JAMMA connector board, and FFAE and Mercs 3P magically work now. Go fig. I appreciate the ideas tho!

3P coin chute works on Mercs, etc. but not on FFAE tho. Seems weird but maybe it's cos FF wasn't designed for add'l chutes and FFAE wasn't programmed to use more?

I plugged the 3P/4P connectors into the darksoft B board itself instead of the JAMMA connector board, and FFAE and Mercs 3P magically work now. Go fig. I appreciate the ideas tho!

3P coin chute works on Mercs, etc. but not on FFAE tho. Seems weird but maybe it's cos FF wasn't designed for add'l chutes and FFAE wasn't programmed to use more?
There is a toggle switch on the multi kit that controls which connector to use for kicks/3P4P. Did you follow the complete instructions when installing the kit?

@hursit Any word or a rough ETA on your cps-1 multi case yet?

I’m keen to get my units mounted up and finished :)

Update on 3P FFAE

Didn't think I was crazy - - FFAE works in 3P when attached to my darksoft B Board but other games do not.

When I moved the 3P harness back to the JAMMA connector board, other games work in 3P but not FFAE.

I understand if there's a toggle switch, but I'm not switching anything besides the game on the multi LCD.

So that's weird but glad I figured out what's happening on my cab. Unsure if this is relevant to anyone else

I got this great 3d printed DIP case from @APDWaldo6 thanks its perfect for my setup on the coin box.

20220803_150837.jpg

I noticed some games like Ghouls n Ghosts don't have free play configurable. What do you guys do normally here, wire the start button directly to the coin credit?

I noticed some games like Ghouls n Ghosts don't have free play configurable. What do you guys do normally here, wire the start button directly to the coin credit?
I use Undamned DB15 USB Decoders with PS3/PS4 USB fight sticks. Coin up is mapped to select. Start is mapped to Start.

Yeah, I hear ya @the Goat I do the same on my supergun setup but I have the multi in my SF2CE cab now so I need to coin up somehow. I can't think of other way to do it on games that don't have free play than wiring start button to the coin up as well.

Yeah, I hear ya @the Goat I do the same on my supergun setup but I have the multi in my SF2CE cab now so I need to coin up somehow. I can't think of other way to do it on games that don't have free play than wiring start button to the coin up as well.
Ah, I see. Can't you leave the cabinet's coin box door open and just flick the lever coins toggle? That is what I do on my cabinet. Eventually I plan to wire an auxiliary coin up button.

Yeah I could but I don't trust when people are over with this type of interactions with my cab. Lol

Back