What's new
I'll chime in here as well about the random samples being played at the wrong time on the cps1 multi. It happens often enough that it's starting to concern me. Does anyone know enough about the setup to determine if this is a multi problem or more of a donor board failure?

I've had it happen on Magic Sword most recently and I think Final Fight as well. In Magic Sword (at least 2 different rom sets) I've heard it sound glitch mid game and also during attract mode w/ sound.

Can you please specify exact version and which A board are you using with speed of crystal in Mhz?

Can you please specify exact version and which A board are you using with speed of crystal in Mhz?
Confirmed issues with Magic Sword (World 900725) Dash A Board 12Mhz. The sound error is random in its timing unfortunately.

Street fighter II: Hyper Fighting (World), Converted A-board to 12mhz crystal.

Confirmed issues with Magic Sword (World 900725) Dash A Board 12Mhz. The sound error is random in its timing unfortunately.
All games have been teste for hours and I know they should work 100%.

Magic Sword should be running in a 10Mhz PCB. Do you have one to try?

This one runs at 12Mhz. I'm not sure how the conversion was done. Can you show a picture of the A Board?
I converted it myself. Replaced the 10Mhz crystal with a 12Mhz. Not much to it.
I posted about it on my blog: http://the-artcade.blogspot.com/2018/06/cps1-dash-kick-harness-upgrade.html

Here’s a pic of my A-board. Serial # 89626A-4

2F191D52-26E0-495B-A857-72422E96E817.jpeg

All games have been teste for hours and I know they should work 100%.

Magic Sword should be running in a 10Mhz PCB. Do you have one to try?
It didn't even hit me until after I posted about the crystal speed difference- this definitely could cause issues. I was hoping my dash board would be a one size fits all, but a verified crystal speed switch (or similar solution) will probably be in my future for this reason. The issues reported with sf2 variants (CE, HF, Hacks) need to be carefully documented to see if they require 10 vs 12 Mhz and which A board is being used if future sound issues are reported.

I converted it myself. Replaced the 10Mhz crystal with a 12Mhz. Not much to it.
Your setup should work correctly since Hyper Fighting runs on 12Mhz. I'm curious if anyone else has had issues on a bone stock dash A board and verified 12Mhz games. I will try to test this combo when I get a chance. There are so many possible configurations and angles to troubleshoot...

Your setup should work correctly since Hyper Fighting runs on 12Mhz. I'm curious if anyone else has had issues on a bone stock dash A board and verified 12Mhz games. I will try to test this combo when I get a chance. There are so many possible configurations and angles to troubleshoot...
Well yeah, I already know this. Not my first rodeo...
Before the multi came out I was running HF with this upgrade without issues. Running HF now on the multi has produced these audio inaccuracies. So...

Well yeah, I already know this. Not my first rodeo...
Before the multi came out I was running HF with this upgrade without issues. Running HF now on the multi has produced these audio inaccuracies. So...
This is the kind of feedback we need... still sucks but thanks for mentioning it.

Editing this to add that I just confirmed wrong sounds being played on my stock dash A board and Hyper Fighting World Ver. (921209) during attract mode.

Last edited:
My HF board is still stock - I have the DS Multi kit + Jasen's case but haven't sat down to do it yet. Quite interested in how this progresses.

Back