What's new

Maruchan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i didnt think i would ever do this... but i believe i plugged in my jamma backwards for a brief moment and now i have no sound coming from jamma.

I still have video and controls, everything seems to work fine besides the Audio. i thought maybe i didnt even plug it in backwards if things are still working? BUT im no expert.

I tried re-writing a different game a few times and even switched the game into other cabs, but no cigar.

If there is anyone who can lend any advice or anyone who offers a service to take a look at it. please be my guest.

I was thinking maybe @Darksoft would be able to know whats up or recommend anyone for the task.

Thank you kindly AP forums.

Attachments

• 20221002_191849.jpg
    20221002_191849.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 53
TLDR; Just needed to Re-seat a/b board, works fine now.

So just wanted to say, i ended up getting a 2nd board to test and see if it would resolve issues.

Still had the same problem with the replacement, so i thought maybe i didnt plug my jamma backwards if nothing changed.

So i swapped back to the original and kept re-seating the a/b boards and what do you know, it ended up working again.

no jail bars and audio works. i guess cps2 is just a lil sensitive?

I find that CPS2 needs a bit more force than comfortable to seat properly. Also if the PCB is mounted vertically it's almost impossible to seat, I really need to lean down on it.

I find that CPS2 needs a bit more force than comfortable to seat properly. Also if the PCB is mounted vertically it's almost impossible to seat, I really need to lean down on it.

Yeah! You know some reason i wanted to take separate the boards... and mess with it for no reason.

Upon connecting them again, thats when the original issue happened and i freaked. Also i really did think, i plugged in my jamma backwards lol.

After getting the replacement board to try it on. it had the same issues.....

i did notice when i pressed down on the top, it would fix the video a little. Then eventually that fixed the sound.

like you said, i had to kinds uncomfortably press down on it lol.

Also I wonder if thats whats wrong with my friends ST board lol.

its mounted to the inside of the cab vertically lol

he would occasionally smack the side of the cab (where its mounted) to get it to work again lol!

Back