What's new
Item has been found

tDRG

Grand Master
Reaction score
I have a bare CPS3 board that I'd like to put in a case. I'd have it mounted on a board, so something that accommodates the PCB's mounting feet or replaces them would be ideal. I don't currently have UltraSimms, but it would be nice to have the option to add them down the line. What are the options? There's the original metal casing, then TR Fightstick and Jasen's have both completed their production runs. Highflow does acrylic, and maybe Scanline City will make something down the line.

Awesome, thanks so much for sharing. Any idea what's on the bottom? Can it still be mounted vertically in one of these?

There are more photos here. Unfortunately, unlike the factory/OEM metal case, this does not facilitate directly mounting it to a board. You will most likely have to fabricate brackets or rig something up yourself.

There are more photos here. Unfortunately, unlike the factory/OEM metal case, this does not facilitate directly mounting it to a board. You will most likely have to fabricate brackets or rig something up yourself.
so do you mean the pcb board is just loose inside the case? or do you mean mounting the case to the actual cabinet?

so do you mean the pcb board is just loose inside the case? or do you mean mounting the case to the actual cabinet?

Sorry, you can't mount the case inside of a cabinet (i.e. to a [particle wood] board) without some other way to secure it. Jasen's case doesn't facilitate this through integrated side brackets like what the OEM case has.

Jasen's case has standoffs to bolt the CPS3 motherboard and the SCSI2SD down inside of the case as you'd expect.

gotshya! thanks! I just ordered one, im sure I'll come up with some way to mount it...... I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Back