What's new

Which name do you prefer for the new CPS3 Simms with 8x capacity?

• CPSIII 8x Simm

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • CPSIII MegaSimm

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • CPSIII SuperSimm

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • CPSIII UltraSimm

Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters
I think if it's going to be paired up with the SuperBios, then it should be called SuperSIMM.

If there's a new BIOS that's required and it'll be called UltraBios, then it should be called UltraSIMM

However, I do like @xodaraP's SIMMing Bird Kick suggestion :D :D :D

Simm Simm Simm Everybody Start to Simm uhhh wahhooo Now every need the Simms

Indeed. A new name for the new BIOS is probably a good thing. It will avoid confusion over whether Darksoft carts are otherwise the ‘old’ type (current SuperBIOS) or the ‘new’ type (UltraBIOS).

If it is UltraSIMM then I am ok with that. It's a good name. It follows with Capcom canon, and hopefully it is the ultimate version. However, I am a little torn because it makes it a SF reference. DarkSimm at least references @Darksoft the creator, so I like that. Truth is this version of the SIMMs isn't SF specific. If anything it will give a lot more visibility to Jojos and Warzard. Hopefully it encourages people to do more hacks and maybe even cps3 homebrew?

Standout features as I see it:
- instant switching
- nocd version removes the need for optical drive/emulation
- user customizable banks

What about the term Perfect, it is something that is present in all 6 of the CPS3 game ROMs. It's less catchy though... PerfectSIMM doesn't have as cool of a vibe as UltraSIMM? Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way?

Back