What's new

jamesv833

Student
Reaction score
Hello I purchased a netdimm recently for my Naomi 1, and have been enjoying it very much. I just purchased a Logitech wingman and have hooked it up using mitsurugiw's instructions to my Capcom io through the 26 pin jst ra connector. When I boot crazy taxi the game seems fine and runs the attract mode with no problems I cannot coin up or start a game, if I try to enter the test menu (test buttons won't register over the Jamma edge or through the Capcom io test button. I have to use the test button on the filter board) the game freezes. I have been able to enter the test menu using any test button right before the game boots, I've tried setting free play and still cannot start a game, if I try to enter the crazy taxi game test menu it freezes up as soon as it enters the menu. Any ideas?

I used the 26 pin jst ra connector on the capcom io, I found the pinout online. 5v and ground to outside legs on pots and analog in the middle. Using the Naomi test menu I can see I get response from the analog controls, I'm not sure if they're reversed and I need to switch 5v and ground but I do get a response when using any of the 3 analog controls(gas,brake,steering) thank you for all of your help.

Capcom I/O.... hmmmm
1087004.jpg

Yeah it's really strange, I wanted to purchase a s-jihp in the near future but I'm not sure it'll take care of my issue(I made the same connections that the s-Jihp would to my capcom io just not aesthetically pleasing). Possibly an issue with my capcom io? Unfortunately I don't have any other io boards to test with. Looks like I won't be playing any driving games anytime soon without dishing out more cash. Thank you

I've had weird controls issues with bad netboot dumps before. The dump I use for crazy taxi is fine with a rev1 JVS io but not with the sega rev b analog. Cosmic smash was another one that had an issue with a bad rip that would just keep rolling your character left.

Can you get into JVS test mode (not game test mode) and see how your analog values behave and how your inputs register?

Yes I can get into jvs test mode, I've never used analog controls before so I'm not sure what the screen should look like. When I use one of the analog inputs(gas,brake,or steering) the values change on screen. The first two digits of every analog input is stable but the 3rd and 4th are constantly changing. Is this normal? Thank you for your help.image.jpeg

No. It is on the JAMMA edge in the cabinet. Doesn't need to be changed.

That's weird possibly my I/o version? I've seen online that there are two versions of the Capcom I/o maybe I've got the older one? I can confirm my analogue controls work, I tried them on monkeyball, and zombie revenge.

If monkey ball / zombie revenge work, but crazy taxi is acting... Crazy (groan), then it's probably the rip you're using, or it doesn't like your particular IO. Even though it should work fine, I haven't had luck running driving games on anything other than the type1/type3 sega JVS IOs.

Maybe mitsu can send you his netboot file? rule that out?

If monkey ball / zombie revenge work, but crazy taxi is acting... Crazy (groan), then it's probably the rip you're using, or it doesn't like your particular IO. Even though it should work fine, I haven't had luck running driving games on anything other than the type1/type3 sega JVS IOs.

Maybe mitsu can send you his netboot file? rule that out?
I purchased my netdimm through arcademodbios, I let him know I was having issues and he had me try another crazy taxi version using the NetBoot software he provided me. The first version prompted me saying it'll only work in free play, and the newer version he had me try doesn't prompt me, I'm not sure if it's a different version or not but it doesn't work either. I've also tried loading a game using transfergame.exe and I have the same issues, I don't have a pi available but I'm sure it'd be the same. Is there multiple versions known? If so maybe I'll try and go through the trouble doing the mame file extract thing, I've yet to try it myself.

Back