What's new
Rad, I'm going to give the Hozan a shot. Luckily the terminals are cheap enough for some experimentation. I initially bought some of those pre-insulated ones and concur that they are straight garbage. Really hard to get a good crimp without also destroying the insulation. Even if it's just for me, I want to have a solid crimp that won't just fail after a few mating cycles.

Thanks for the feedback, y'all!

I am a fan of the Hozan P706. I haven't tried the Engineer tool? I do highly prefer the Hozan over the Iwiss one I also have. Ratcheting is not really a requirement in my mind, and possibly a detriment?
I personally LOVE the ratcheting as it allows me to get as close to the pin as possible before crimping and make sure my alignment is perfect...but it's all down to personal preference I feel.

I personally LOVE the ratcheting as it allows me to get as close to the pin as possible before crimping and make sure my alignment is perfect...but it's all down to personal preference I feel.
To each their own. I personally feel like ratcheting crimpers are only good for closed barrel style crimps. The open barrel style takes a lot more finesse and the ratcheting systems take away my "tool feel."

To each their own. I personally feel like ratcheting crimpers are only good for closed barrel style crimps. The open barrel style takes a lot more finesse and the ratcheting systems take away my "tool feel."
Lol I dont want to know about your "tool feel" :D (kidding. I get what you mean. I have a non-ratcheted set too but I just prefer the ratcheting style better)

Back