What's new

xnz136

Beginner
Reaction score
Going to replace the old CRT socket in my arcade monitor with a new one, because the old one would make poor contact with the pins, resulting in a monitor that would either fire up right away without issue, take 5 minutes to warm up, or just not fire up at all.

Before I proceed to solder the new one in, I'd like to double check that this is indeed an acceptable replacement. I'm not too sure I really understand spark gap differences between sockets, beyond noting that the neckboard PCB itself has four on it, one each for the RGB pins and one for the heater pin (the white capped components).

Below are photos of the new one (HPS2171-7 the top two photos in each set) and the old one (HPS1401-964 the bottom two photos in each set), as well as solder and parts sides of the neckboard PCB. The new socket has an extra pin which I bent up to test the fit, but I'll snip it off since there's no pad for it on the board.
side (1).png
top sockets.png
pcbs.png

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:
Did you solve this? I did one on a PC monitor last year and as far as I could tell, I could have just swapped the new pins into the old socket and resoldered if everything did not line up perfectly with replacement.

Back