What's new
Sorry try pin 11 and 40 @raffy92
Hi everyone, I checked the voltage between pin 11 and 40 and I obtained 5.02 as you can see on the picture and when there is a random reboot of the game this value of 5.02 v doesn’t drop .
Is it possible that the problem comes from the cartridge ? How to confirm it ? I noticed that when I start on the first game loaded a previous day, there is no reboot even after hours.

Attachments

• EDDDD99E-F3C6-4B58-9FD6-F8D1981D56CA.jpeg
    EDDDD99E-F3C6-4B58-9FD6-F8D1981D56CA.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 119
Hi,

Is there any chance to have the stuff working properly by changing the MVS slot ? If so which one is good ? Is it a cartridge malfunction ?

thank you.

That's my guess, but I suggest you try it on it before buying anything.

Yes sure but it’s difficult to convince them in the shop and I don’t want to show them the multi.
I am worried because it is already the second one (MV1FS) I am trying and it gives the same result. Does the same problem has already been reported with a MV1FS ?

thank you Darksoft

Yes sure but it’s difficult to convince them in the shop and I don’t want to show them the multi.
I am worried because it is already the second one (MV1FS) I am trying and it gives the same result. Does the same problem has already been reported with a MV1FS ?

thank you Darksoft
I tried to follow the thread so I hope I didn't miss anything. I assume that you have already checked the voltages on the batteries and tried different SD cards.

Like I mentioned in the other thread, I have a MV-1F (not MV-1FS) and got my Multi MVS the first week of Janaury and the only issue I seem to be having right now is that Super Dodge Ball will crash if you let the intro run, but if you add credits right away and skip that, the game plays fine. Once I had an issue where a game seemed to fail to load correctly. I put Voltage Fighter in slot 2 and it kept crashing, but I moved it to a different slot and then it worked. Then I put it back in slot 2 and it still worked. I figured it was just something weird with the SD card and moved on.

I know it's not the exact same board, but if there's anything you want me to try, let me know.

Thanks for your message.
At the jamma it was 5.03 and 5.02 at the sp1 bios (at pin 11 and pin 40 ). The battery was 1.36 v (system just switch on). 2.65 v after use for 1h . But sorry it was on the first MV1FS. I should mesure the battery voltage of the second MV1FS slot too. The second one has a button cell battery. Both slot were showing the same issue of random reboot. I didn’t change the SD card because I didn’t had any issue with the game loading only when the game was loaded and when the game starts and while playing. I got my multi MVS at the end of December 2020, our multis come from the same batch.
When it crashs after introduction of super dodgeball, what append ? You have a black screen and nothing moves on ?
For me the issue of random reboot seems to occurs at any games after 1 h to 2 h of playing . When it reboots after introduction it never stops and if I had credit during this introduction some time the games starts goes further and I can play a little bit but restarts anyways after few minutes gently.

Thanks for your message.
At the jamma it was 5.03 and 5.02 at the sp1 bios (at pin 11 and pin 40 ). The battery was 1.36 v (system just switch on). 2.65 v after use for 1h . But sorry it was on the first MV1FS. I should mesure the battery voltage of the second MV1FS slot too. The second one has a button cell battery. Both slot were showing the same issue of random reboot. I didn’t change the SD card because I didn’t had any issue with the game loading only when the game was loaded and when the game starts and while playing. I got my multi MVS at the end of December 2020, our multis come from the same batch.
When it crashs after introduction of super dodgeball, what append ? You have a black screen and nothing moves on ?
For me the issue of random reboot seems to occurs at any games after 1 h to 2 h of playing . When it reboots after introduction it never stops and if I had credit during this introduction some time the games starts goes further and I can play a little bit but restarts anyways after few minutes gently.
I attached a screenshot of when Super Dodgeball crashes. This happens immediately on the intro screen. Doesn't matter if I've had the system on for hours or if it is the first boot. If I add credits and start before the crash, I can play the game with no other crashes.

The battery voltage you have is low. Mine was below 1v so I swapped it out with a new coin cell battery like your second board.

It might not hurt to try a different SD card, just to see if anything changes.

*edit* Forgot to add the Super Dodgeball crash is a known issue in the Games with Issues thread. https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/games-with-issues.5220/

Attachments

• 20210115_000021 - Copy.jpg
    20210115_000021 - Copy.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I attached a screenshot of when Super Dodgeball crashes. This happens immediately on the intro screen. Doesn't matter if I've had the system on for hours or if it is the first boot. If I add credits and start before the crash, I can play the game with no other crashes.

The battery voltage you have is low. Mine was below 1v so I swapped it out with a new coin cell battery like your second board.

It might not hurt to try a different SD card, just to see if anything changes.

*edit* Forgot to add the Super Dodgeball crash is a known issue in the Games with Issues thread. https://www.arcade-projects.com/threads/games-with-issues.5220/
Hi, when it crashes you obtained the « exception error » screen . If you use the original bios does it still crashes ?

It is not related but recently on MiSTer FPGA we had the same error with CPS1.5 cores games . The ram was faulty frequency problem. With original game, the slot works perfectly ? It is strange that only super dodge ball shows that error .

Hi everyone,

I finally purchased a MV1 FZ and tried the multi MVS on it. I played for 4 hours and I had only one unexpected restart during the introduction of super dodgeball. I could skip it by adding credits then the game starts normally without reboot (during 1h30).
It works !!! Thanks everyone and especially thank you Darksoft.

I have to found something for the stereo, I can notice the difference with the MV1FZ

Hi!

I would like to warmly thank Darksoft for its availability, responsiveness and professionalism.
I had a problem with my multi mvs cartridge and Darksoft helped me find a solution. Now it is working perfectly.
I will finally be able to enjoy this magnificent cartridge as it should!

Thank you very much !

Hello,
I just received my MVS multi.
In the "About" menu, I have exactly the same references as in the first photo of the post.
That is to say that my firmware is up to date?

Firmware rev: 0x0491
Firmware Build: 0xa512
Top file build: 0x7d3c
Menu build date: Nov 22 2019
Menu build time: 22:10:59

Back