What's new
I made a speaker wire to go out of the M3 board to an external amp to see if FX were playing. sure enough, they are. So M3 board is ok.

So I made a cable like above and tried to play my iPhone through the amp out the speakers, but nothing. Absolutely dead. Now I'm not hearing any static whatsoever.

The LED on spare amp I bought doesn't light up. In fact it doesn't light up on the original amp either. Is this just the design? It is getting 14V.
Regardless, I still have no sound on this thing and it sucks. I need something else to try.

Also this board has lots of corrosion on it, so maybe this thing is a dud?

Attachments

• IMG_8590_copy.jpg
    IMG_8590_copy.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 8
ok. I cleaned up the amp and now am getting some popping sounds in the front left channel (engine left) if I wiggle the lines going from CN6... these three lines lead to the front POT. Swapping CN5 and CN4 and I hear (seat left) popping. So the amp is doing something. lol. Maybe I should try and replace the rear pot.

Found a new amp and I now have sound! Wow. Original amp was bad. Purchased replacement amp from "flightseat" on eBay who claimed it worked, but offered no returns. Well, I got burnt on that one as it was bad. So I bought ANOTHER amp from YATON, and this one was the winner. It works! (LED on the board lights up on this one) and I've got sound in the front 2 speakers. Sound in the back is complicated. If I run it through the little mixing board, I get no sound.

So I made a JST cable to go straight from the M3 board rear speakers to the amp. It plays sounds in the Right Rear speaker, but not the Left Rear speaker. The Rear Left speaker does hum when I adjust volume (both volume pots have been replaced).

So now trying to get that Rear Left channel to work. MPEG music not working either, but one thing at a time. lol

So if the Left Rear Speaker isn't working, could this be the amp... I hope not. When I swapped cn7 and cn8 on M3 board and ran the sound test the rear left speaker entry item played in front left channel since wires were swapped. So M3 board should be fine.

Last edited:
Found a new amp and I now have sound! Wow. Original amp was bad. Purchased replacement amp from "flightseat" on eBay who claimed it worked, but offered no returns. Well, I got burnt on that one as it was bad. So I bought ANOTHER amp from YATON, and this one was the winner. It works! (LED on the board lights up on this one) and I've got sound in the front 2 speakers. Sound in the back is complicated. If I run it through the little mixing board, I get no sound.

So I made a JST cable to go straight from the M3 board rear speakers to the amp. It plays sounds in the Right Rear speaker, but not the Left Rear speaker. The Rear Left speaker does hum when I adjust volume (both volume pots have been replaced).

So now trying to get that Rear Left channel to work. MPEG music not working either, but one thing at a time. lol

So if the Left Rear Speaker isn't working, could this be the amp... I hope not. When I swapped cn7 and cn8 on M3 board and ran the sound test the rear left speaker entry item played in front left channel since wires were swapped. So M3 board should be fine.
Have you made sure the connection of the seat speaker plug underneath the seat is secured?
Had a similar problem with my Lemans; the left seat speaker was making a nasty crackling noise. As I was working on it and reseated the cable, it went away and no more popping. Your connection may be loose.

Have you made sure the connection of the seat speaker plug underneath the seat is secured?
Had a similar problem with my Lemans; the left seat speaker was making a nasty crackling noise. As I was working on it and reseated the cable, it went away and no more popping. Your connection may be loose.
Yes. I just tested the speakers by plugging them into my Yamaha receiver and all 3 (RR RL SUB) are working.

As a test I swapped CN5 with CN6 on the Sega amp. When I do this, the sounds swap from front to rear, rear to front. So doing this the sounds come through both rear speakers, but the front left is off now. so it seems like the amp isn’t outputting this channel RL. I’m thinking maybe I can trace it to a capacitor on the amplifier and replace just that cap. But wondering if the amp is just bad on this channel.

Last edited:
Back