What's new

emmanu888

Student
Reaction score
My friend has two Daytona USA 2 cabinets. One of them has front and rear channel audio playing just fine.

The one with proper sound output has music and pit crew coming from the rear channels and engine comes from the front channels.
The one i want to help get proper sound output again has music and pit crew in the front and nothing from the rear channels.

And looking at the schematics only seems to really confuse me, i thought Daytona 2 had RCA cables for the amp board?
To make a long story short, how do i get the second cabinet to output sound the same way the first cabinet does? Where music and pit crew is from the rear and engine is from the front?

I can't speak for certain on the cabinet itself because I only play on pcb at home, but it sounds to me like the connectors are swapped on the other cabinet. The sound of the pit crew & music are supposed to play on CN7. The engine sounds and the rest of the sounds come off of CN8.
Your Gullbox seat speakers may be blown or you have a bad amp. I've played on many Daytona 2s with rotted front speakers and usually one speaker is dead. Maybe check your wiring and connections? There should be a little mixer audio board in there, too, for I believe the DSB2 and the rear channel. Try swapping amplifiers out from cabinet to cabinet to test if you get same results. I think Daytona 2 actually used a 4.1 channel amplifier...

God these Sega audio systems are so crappy...

Last edited:
3 of 4 of my Daytona 2s have/had broken amps with 1-3 channels not working.

I would suggest to swap the amps (838-13475) between the 2 machines to ensure it's related to that. Then to replace the broken amp (not sure how easy and if worth to repair).

You could also try to swap the connectors for front and rear speakers on the amp, but both cables don't have spare length so swaping the full amp could be easier.

Back