What's new

kayzp4ul

Student
Reaction score
I recently bought a DOA++ board from a seller on eBay. When I connect it in my Aero City cabinet it won't sync. Then in my Blast City it sort of syncs, but the picture is dim and contrast is off. When I connect it to my HAS supergun test setup the picture is perfect. I've already messed around with my monitors in both cabs. Is there something that I am missing about this board? It's not the Model 2 variant, but regular old jamma...

It doesn't sync on the Aero even when you adjust horizontal hold?

Sounds weird. Maybe there is some issue with video ground? HAS likely ties it to common ground. Cabs usually have it separate.

Those Tecmo TPS (Sony ZN) boards often run in 480i as opposed to 320P (some actually switch depending on whats on the screen)... some games on this hardware allow switching modes, others don't I'd recommend going into the settings to see if you can switch modes.

Unfortunately there's no dip switches on the board that control video. I've gone into testing but the only video options are the hatch and color bar test. Unless there's something that I'm missing

Try adjusting this, be careful and use a plastic adjustment tool.

Attachments

• IMAG1041[1].jpg
    IMAG1041[1].jpg
    237 KB · Views: 38
Try adjusting this, be careful and use a plastic adjustment tool.
That pot did turn up the brightness levels within the game, but it was still having sync and contrast issues. I contacted the seller on eBay and I'm hoping that I can get a refund..

Back