What's new
It would certainly be cool to be able to map the service button, but at least there's a way.
I feel like I did, but I might be making that up. I'll have to go back and test it.

It’s 12/22 in Japan!!!!!!

So here’s the deal, this is NOT the final game. I repeat it is not the final game. But it is the anniversary of the actual Campaign Mode (and very near Xmas), so I can’t leave you all hanging without getting you something awesome. Consider this a VERY special treat. (But do not put this on a real pcb. This is for MiSTer or a PC running mame.)

This is also a good way for me to test that my distribution and patching method is solid. Inside the zipfile you’ll find instructions to download LunarIPS and all the required patches. I also wrote a little .bat file that will patch everything in one click. You have to give it admin privileges but feel free to read the .bat file, it just uses LunarIPS command-line to save you from mistakes. You can also apply patches one at a time. Let me know if this sucks or doesn’t work, it’s what I want to test. Possibly someone here will distribute a build but that’s where I would get in trouble :)

https://we.tl/t-ha17LP7pEP Expires around 12/25.

So enjoy it. Turn up the volume on your MiSTer or PC and rock out. Jam with a buddy. I guarantee a smile mere seconds after this boots. But please hold off on social-media posts with any footage anywhere as again this isn’t the final game.

Final version is really not that far away though. If you’re keeping tabs on my posts, I still have Bosses to finish. 1,2, and 4 are done. The rest are coming along well. Then probably some testing from the community and realistically there will be a release and then a bugfix update sometime after that too.

i did all the patch stuff but dont know how to load it on my mister SD
Oh yeah I forgot to write this part up. I'm also out of town so I can't test it but I think it's:

Download this and unzip the MRA file to "/media/fat/_Arcade" folder. ZIP the patched rom back into ddonpachj.zip. Copy ddonpachj.zip into "/media/fat/games/mame" folder

(exactly why I'm testing this out here... i'll add these to the final release)

lmk if that works though! Maybe one of the mister pros like @ShootTheCore can correct me if I’m wrong

see this

Last edited:
I made it work in MAME, but what I saw was not what I was expecting.

The batch file for patching didn't work, gave errors, even though it corresponds to the documentation for Lunar IPS. So I patched them one at a time via the UI.

Absolutely perfect.

The batch file for patching didn't work, gave errors, even though it corresponds to the documentation for Lunar IPS.

Same:

lunar_ips_error.jpg

What's even stranger is that red-headed dancer has a microphone, yet he never once opens his mouth.

Anyway, it's added to next HBMAME, fwiw. It is a legitimate arcade hack, after all.

Anyone use that MiSTer file yet?

Go into your MRA and change your md5 to "none"

1703261886259.png

Ok that « fixed » that message, i get the "loading assembling rom #0" screen then "sending rom #0" … and still a black screen 🤷🏻‍♂️

The other DDP versions are working fine, directly after "loading assembling rom #0" … there is no "sending rom #0"?

I'm gonna try to get mister rom working when I get home. Wish me luck. I'm super not computer savy

Back