What's new
Mark your items as sold

astro_zombie138

Champion
Reaction score
Starting fresh with a new thread.

1941 Counter Attack PCB's - $300 shipped

1941 Counter Attack with Semload case - $450 shipped
This is what I paid and just looking to recoup my funds.

I have recapped all electrolytic capacitors with nichicon and panasonic caps.

I purchased this very recently from Joko3 and was featured in his listing here. It is a very well done conversion on a 10mhz longboard as reviewed by Darksoft via pm. Everything plays perfectly and without issue. The Semload case is beautiful and in great condition much like the board. I have played it multiple times like Joko3 and can confirm what he stated, there is no difference in gameplay or sound it is 1:1.

The only reason I am letting this go was my recent acquisition of a CPS1 multi directly from Darksoft, you can't deny a build from the man himself:D It was unplanned and I just fell into it.

Attachments

• 20240108_121853.jpg
    20240108_121853.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20240108_122125.jpg
    20240108_122125.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20240108_122144.jpg
    20240108_122144.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 20240108_122218.jpg
    20240108_122218.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 20240108_122241.jpg
    20240108_122241.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 20240108_122453.jpg
    20240108_122453.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 85
  • 20240108_122659.jpg
    20240108_122659.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 20240108_122753.jpg
    20240108_122753.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Pity the c board is not the right one as it almost fooled me until i read it was a conversion. Was gonna forward the link to someone. Is the eprom label foiled backed paper? Its very good.

One of the reason i avoid JP maskless cps1. I wonder why this game is so rare? Ive seen quite a few JP version on Yahoo but never seen another original world version other than the one i bought decades ago. Its not even that bad a game besides the bouncing of walls bit. It kinda has the prequel to 1944 the loop master vibe to it.

The Japanese ver on Yahoo seems all maskless irc so cant be certain if they are authentic unless i check the rom labels which @ 100k yen im not risking.

Anyway, enough of my irrlevant rambling. If u need the correct c board or the buyer wants it, let me know. Can even encrypt it too. I also have a spare mask rom set somewhere too from a faulty pcb from decades ago, but you will need to burn the world eproms to make it work. I regret reusing the eproms now. Didnt know! Not sure if the parts would make it boarderline original? Maybe franky altered beast original? 🤔

Last edited:
Pity the c board is not the right one as it almost fooled me until i read it was a conversion. Was gonna forward the link to someone. Is the eprom label foiled backed paper? Its very good.

One of the reason i avoid JP maskless cps1. I wonder why this game is so rare? Ive seen quite a few JP version on Yahoo but never seen another original world version other than the one i bought decades ago. Its not even that bad a game besides the bouncing of walls bit. It kinda has the prequel to 1944 the loop master vibe to it.

The Japanese ver on Yahoo seems all maskless irc so cant be certain if they are authentic unless i check the rom labels which @ 100k yen im not risking.

Anyway, enough of my irrlevant rambling. If u need the correct c board or the buyer wants it, let me know. Can even encrypt it too. I also have a spare mask rom set somewhere too from a faulty pcb from decades ago, but you will need to burn the world eproms to make it work. I regret reusing the eproms now. Didnt know! Not sure if the parts would make it boarderline original? Maybe franky altered beast original? 🤔
That would all be up to the buyer honestly, they would be free to do as they please. I'm not altering this beyond the recap I did for it, it's a great piece as is. You make it seem like there is something wrong with it in it's current state, it's a 1941, a conversion but a 1941 none the less.

It is the correct c-board for what it is and was confirmed by Darksoft as a viable donor for the multi. Personally, I think it's a pretty damn cool piece as is and if I had the room and funds to keep piling on boards I'd keep it. I do not think the labels are foil backed but I really have no clue. I'm definitely not peeling them off.

I think it's a really good game, why I bought it in the first place. The bouncing off walls is actually pretty fun and adds a little extra to the formula. 1941 feels like a cross between 1943 and 19xx to me more than 1944.

That would all be up to the buyer honestly, they would be free to do as they please. I'm not altering this beyond the recap I did for it, it's a great piece as is. You make it seem like there is something wrong with it in it's current state, it's a 1941, a conversion but a 1941 none the less.

It is the correct c-board for what it is and was confirmed by Darksoft as a viable donor for the multi. Personally, I think it's a pretty damn cool piece as is and if I had the room and funds to keep piling on boards I'd keep it. I do not think the labels are foil backed but I really have no clue. I'm definitely not peeling them off.

I think it's a really good game, why I bought it in the first place. The bouncing off walls is actually pretty fun and adds a little extra to the formula. 1941 feels like a cross between 1943 and 19xx to me more than 1944.
Sorry I didn't intend it to sound like I was putting it down. I was actually surprised at how good a conversion it was. Was also trying to be helpful in offering bits to make it original as I am not a fan of destroying games to play another. Yes, I did say it was a fun game and said it had a 1944 loop master vibe to it which is the best in the series as it was made by Raizing. I have all the 1942 series.

What I mean about the c board was that it was a different C board. there was many revisions. That was not the correct one that original came with 1944. And besides B21 can be used for any of the CPS1 games except forgotten worlds iirc

But anyway, I cant be asked now. Offer is withdrawn.

Sorry I didn't intend it to sound like I was putting it down. I was actually surprised at how good a conversion it was. Was also trying to be helpful in offering bits to make it original as I am not a fan of destroying games to play another. Yes, I did say it was a fun game and said it had a 1944 loop master vibe to it which is the best in the series as it was made by Raizing. I have all the 1942 series.

What I mean about the c board was that it was a different C board. there was many revisions. That was not the correct one that original came with 1944. And besides B21 can be used for any of the CPS1 games except forgotten worlds iirc

But anyway, I cant be asked now. Offer is withdrawn.
I wasnt't trying to argue or anything. Your message made me feel like I had to defend my thread. I think I misunderstood what you were trying to convey. It can be tough to guage in text format sometimes. I apologize if my reaponse was harsh. Positive vibes here and I wish you well.

Its okay, i understand its partially my fault for not wording it well. Offer back up if it helps? Cant think of another way to find a cheap 1941 pcb 💯 semload enclosures arent cheap iirc.

Just to reiterate something on this sale. I had an authentic 1941 board purchased for 130,000 148,000 yen from Surugaya Akiba in my house at the same time as this conversion. My wife and I did multiple playthroughs on both boards via PVM and OSSC and observed zero differences. On the OSSC setup we were running audio through a Denon receiver and Dali three-way speaker combo, so any audio differences would be clear as day if there were any.

I honestly would have kept this, but I’m prepping to move from Japan to the States and needed to lighten the load and collect funds.

Buy with confidence 🙂

Edit: Correction, the real board I purchased for a customer on the forum was 148k, not 130k. Receipt attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 12.05.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-21 at 12.05.14 PM.png
    296.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I assume thats the japanese version comming from suruga?. With no mask on the rom pcb? Ive seen quite a few of them over the years consistently for 100k + and never on auction.

The world mask rom version is bit harder to find. Trouble is some gamers cant distinguish the difference between a conversion and an original and thereby shocked at the price.

Screenshot_20240121_105151_Gallery.jpg

Heres a pic of mine.

Open to trade offers as well! Mostly interested in shmups but who isn't. Shoot me what you have and we can discuss!

As everyone knows my account was hacked and dumb crap happened. It is now back in my possession. I will accept G&S now because of this incident. Please make me an offer for the PCB by itself. Thanks everyone.

Back