What's new

Kalvinmaui

Student
Reaction score
In 2009, I traveled to Tokyo and got to play SF4 on a Vewlix for the very first time.
D849899F-35B9-476D-84CC-4787A7C4A7A7.jpeg

What a memorable experience. Ever since that day I have always wanted to own my very own. 13 years later, it finally happened!

Thanks to Chris @Hadouken Arcade for making it all happen.

1EEE4127-3D91-4864-8EDB-CA58D1FE8D1C.jpeg

C882B877-0FC8-4866-B1D3-ED3A0133CA99.jpeg

9C1BB93A-66AD-4A31-A58C-5D026A7D1E80.jpeg

BACF3AD0-0685-4213-BEA9-419282168688.jpeg

A06F1C7E-7CB4-40C5-8484-0517A62E7451.jpeg

7B62D189-F5A3-451C-99EF-0149EDF69B5F.jpeg

DFFBAFCD-4C38-4645-A089-611F2F37DF45.jpeg

35B7A3E5-43E4-4199-A646-A974E616D076.jpeg

29EF9B41-CFD4-46F5-B431-69ED3E7E0934.jpeg

-Both cabinets have LG32GP83B-B monitors installed with Hadouken arcade brackets.
-Running a TTX3 Multi in the DB. Chris made an extended wire harness so that I could link up P2 in the FC. Have Brook boards in both for PS4
-Both Nesica card readers are wireless chargers

Very nice and clean setup. I really like it. Always happy to see people fulfilling their dreams in this scene. Everybody has that one 'thing' or more that they keep dear to their hearts
Thank you. These cabs have always been the holy grail of cabinets I wanted.

Looks beautiful man! Thanks for sharing.

Especially the lighting behind them! I love the lighting! What you use LED strips?

Especially the lighting behind them! I love the lighting!
IDK how I feel about the lighting... On the one had it def adds something.
On the other NO arcades in JAPAN are setup this way, so if your seeking a 100% experence at home... Yea they don't really belong.

I feel the same way about the button expansion panels, and honestly I'd never use them, but to be fair I have no reason to (I only play JAMMA/JVS arcade boards in my cabs).

The Taito tokens/100yen coins, ash trays and stools are perfect! :thumbup:
Even the button colors and Nesica reader bezels are stock/perfect.

On the other NO arcades in JAPAN are setup this way, so if your seeking a 100% experence at home... Yea they don't really belong.

I feel the same way about the button expansion panels, and honestly I'd never use them, but to be fair I have no reason to (I only play JAMMA/JVS arcade boards in my cabs).

Even the button colors and Nesica reader bezels are stock/perstraps?

True ,true. You right they don't belong.
He did do it in a pleasant way i must say, either that or he's got photo shot skills.
And where is everyone getting those tokens? I tried looking them up but they have different sizes maybe I'm searching wrong? I assume real ones can get pricey.

And where is everyone getting those tokens?
I went to Japan...
Some of the arcades (my fave Hirose Enternaiment Yard) still used tokens at that time (2017).
However most were in transition to Nesica/Susica readers (in Japan the same subway cards also work in arcades which is pretty neat I guess).
I assume real ones can get pricey.
I simply wanted into the arcade, cashed in a stack of paper yen for a giant bucket of coins, then poured it into my backpack and walked out (without playing a single game).
I got enough that I was able to sell some, I hooked @KinG_SoPa up with about 50 coins.
They are just too rare now to part with, and thats whats driven up the price (well that and shipping, they are HEAVY).

Nice man! Congratulations.

And travel to Japan in 2009 was truly a different experience compared to today. A lot have changed in Akiba and Tokyo since the mid 00's.

Even the button colors and Nesica reader bezels are stock/perfect.
LED's for sure are not 100% Japan Arcade experience but I just wanted to add some color in the back that would compliment the cabinets.

My main purpose was to just keep the cabs OEM + with a touch of modern day upgrades. Wanted to keep everything simple so that it all flows together. Didn't want the extra panel to have a million buttons etc

Thank you. The lighting is just LED strips I bought off of Amazon. The main purpose was to just give the background some color as that corner of my media room is dark.

Repro Taito tokens were purchased from here: https://gateninety.com/product/taito-station-tokens-24-mm-x-100/

That's what I thought, I did the same with led straps but yours came out nice and bright, I mean it fills the whole cab nicely. I love the look of it.

And thank you for the link.

making a CRT loving curmudgeon like me really want a diamond VLX, great photos. agreed on the mood lighting though, personally not a fan but you do you!

I think the lighting looks really slick. I like the way the light blends to purple in middle as if they are connected by more than just wires. Congrats on realizing your dream.

Back