What's new

SelfDeniedHoarderz

Professional
Reaction score
I've been wondering about the feasibility to build a color e-ink instruction card for candy cab.
The advantage of e-ink is that even when the device is off, the image will not be cleared up which mimic the actual paper instruction card.
Combined with some small back lit led like they used in kindle device, you can have a fully backlit e-ink instruction card.
It will be super easy to change the instruction design, simple as hook up a usb to your computer and upload new image there.

I'm not an engineer or developers but I think this could be a very cool idea if someone with such skills can make it a reality

not the first to have this idea... the hard part is in the doing.

...but if this is something you're really interested in the just do it. start researching e-ink displays, teach yourself how they work, then teach yourself the thing you need to know to make this project happen.

that's how most of us learn the things we know in this hobby.

Tried it, and it does work, only problem is sourcing displays to fit the cabs you need. You basically have to get them custom fabricated to your specs, which translates to a lot of $$$$$, alot , so I abandoned the idea.

I managed to use some available eink displays to create a portable outdoor specials of the day menu tablet for our pizzerias, not backlit though that the manager could update from his phone or our pos system.

PS-took me months to this in my spare time ||

A cheaper alternative would probably be what they call a bar or ultrawide bar lcd display, seem more readily available in instruction/move strip sizes.

Like these but smaller/cheaper

s-l1600 (4).jpg

24" ultrawide bar display

Last edited:
Back